For more information about Preservation Parks, visit www.preservationparks.com or call (740) 524-8600. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
• Participants in a Woodland Terrarium program will learn how to design, create and maintain a terrarium to take home. The program will run from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 30, at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. The fee is $10 for materials; both fee and reservation are due by Jan. 23. Call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or e-mail: email@example.com.
• Children ages 8 through 12 are invited to join Preservation Parks naturalists for a one-day Presidents Day Nature Camp, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday, February 21. Spend the day at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road, learning about the natural world through games, activities and hikes. Cost is $15, and registration and payment are due by Feb. 7. Visit www.preservationparks.com for the registration form, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. Call (740) 524-8600, extension 3.
• Warm Weather Withdrawal Series, "Butterfly Oasis," for ages 16 and up, 7 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 1. Education manager Rich Niccum will demonstrate how to create a backyard oasis for a variety of butterflies. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
• Calling All Owls, 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 4. During a hike, we'll attempt to call in resident barred owls. Emily Traphagen Preserve, 5094 Seldom Seen Road.
• Winter Photography Workshop for Beginners, 2 to 4 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 5. Learn nature photography tricks and tips from an expert. Bring a digital camera (and your laptop, if you can), and dress for the outdoors. Ages 14 and up. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.