Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital
561 W. Central Ave.
For more information on the following programs or to register, contact the Grady Life Center at (800) 837-7555, (614) 4-HEALTH, or visit www.ohiohealth.com. Classes are held at the hospital unless otherwise noted.
• Cancer survivors and their families are invited to join a Cancer Support Group. The group provides information, education and emotional support in a warm, positive atmosphere. Call Vicki Maggard at (740)615-2402.
• "Body Shape Weight Loss," 7 to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 31. Dr. Keith Lewis, a Delaware chiropractor, will discuss the four body shapes and why most people find it difficult to get into the fat-burning mode. Free.
• American Sign Language, six-week series, 1 to 3 p.m. Introductory class beginning Sunday, Sept. 4, for those age 12 and up. Cost is $50.
• Tai Chi, six-week series for ages 12 and up, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.for Introductory Class; from 7:39 to 9 p.m. for Beginners Class, for those wishing to learn all 108 movements of tai chi, starting Tuesday, Sept. 6. Cost is $45 per person.
• Breast Cancer Yoga Support Group meets every other Wednesday from 6 to 7 p.m. The next meeting is Wednesday, Sept. 7.
. Kid Kwon Do, for children ages 6 through 10. Six-week series is held from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. beginning Saturday, Sept. 10. Cost is $45 for the series.
• Tae Kwon Do, six-week series for those age 11 and up, held from 10:30 a.m. to noon beginning Saturday, Sept. 10. Cost is $45 for the series.
• Fibromyalgia support group, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12.
• The Sunbury Diabetes Peer Support Group, 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 12, in Room 7 at the Sunbury United Methodist Church, 100 W. Cherry St.
• Living Well with Diabetes, for people diagnosed with diabetes, their families and others. Next program is from 5 to 8 p.m., on Tuesday, Sept. 13, and Wednesday, Sept. 14.
• 15-minute seated massage, 3:30-6 p.m., appointment required.Cost is $12 per person.
• Pilates, six-week series for adults from 5:30 to 6:30 beginning Thursday, Sept. 15.Cost is $45 for the series.
• Arthritis management, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 21. Chris Parsons, Arthritis Foundation director of outreach, will speak on arthritis medications, exercise, management and complementary therapies. Free.
• Breast Cancer Support Group, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 26. Free.