Burglar breaks into home, steals $400 weapon
A gun worth $400 was stolen about 10:34 a.m. Feb. 20 from a residence in the 100 block of Penick Avenue, Delaware police said.
The victim reported someone forced entry into the residence and stole the gun.
Other recent Delaware police reports include:
* Officers were dispatched on a report of a theft committed about 10:35 a.m. Feb. 26 at a business in the 100 block of South Sandusky Street.
Employees at the business suspected a male and female had stolen items from the store, but no one had witnessed them conceal any items, according to reports.
The two were located nearby and denied the charge pending review of security footage, reports said.
* A Delaware man said someone punctured two tires on his vehicle between 8:30 a.m. Feb. 26 and 12:30 a.m. Feb. 27 while it was parked on the street outside his residence in the first block of North Washington Street.
* A 19-year-old Delaware woman was arrested about 2:45 p.m. Feb. 26 for attempting to steal items from a business in the 900 block of Sunbury Road in Delaware.
* Prescription medicine worth $66 was stolen between 3 p.m. Feb. 19 and 3:15 a.m. Feb. 26 from a residence in the 100 block of Park Avenue, police said.
* A 38-year-old Delaware woman was arrested at about 3 p.m. for allegedly attempting to steal $77 worth of merchandise between 2:35 and 2:47 p.m. Feb. 25 from a business in the 1300 block of Sunbury Road in Delaware, police said.
* A brick was thrown through the driver's-side window of a vehicle between 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23 and midnight Feb. 24 while it was parked in the 100 block of North Washington Street, police said.
A wallet containing about $105 in cash was stolen from the vehicle, according to reports.
* A Delaware resident reported someone threw an unknown item at his house, causing damage to the siding, about 10:10 a.m. Feb. 24 in the 200 block of Jay Court.
* An officer was dispatched after a resident reported a vandal had cut down a sign in his yard in the 100 block of Beech Road between midnight Feb. 21 and 6:40 p.m. Feb. 22.
A Delaware resident told Delaware County Sheriff's deputies someone broke into a detached garage between 7:45 p.m. Feb. 23 and 1:13 a.m. Feb. 24 outside his residence in the 7500 block of Bridlespur Lane in Delaware.
He said the garage door was damaged in the process, but no items were reported stolen.
Other recent Delaware County Sheriff's reports include:
* Several credit cards and cash totaling $20 were stolen between 9:30 p.m. Feb. 13 and 5:43 a.m. Feb. 14 from a residence in the 2300 block of Meadowshire Road in Galena.
* A toothpick holder worth $30 was reported stolen between 10 a.m. Jan. 20 and 10:56 a.m. Feb. 21 from a residence in the 14000 block of North Old 3C Highway in Sunbury.