DCHS programs to note 100th flood anniversary
The Delaware County Historical Society will recognize the 100th anniversary of the 1913 Delaware flood with several programs, beginning March 25, when a commemorative plaque was dedicated beside the pedestrian path between William and Winter streets, on the west bank of the Olentangy River.
Representatives from the city of Delaware and the Delaware County Historical Society spoke during the ceremony.
“Flood walks” conducted by DCHS president and local history expert Brent Carson, will be held on multiple dates: At noon, 2 and 4 p.m. Saturday, March 30, at noon, 2 and 4 p.m. Saturday, April 6 and at 2 and 4 p.m. Sunday, April 7.
The walks will begin and end at the Delaware County Historical Society’s Cryder Historical Center at 157 E. William St. The route will head north on Little Street to Winter, west on East Winter Street to Sandusky, south on North Sandusky to the Ohio Wesleyan University campus, east through the campus, following Delaware Run, to Henry Street, north on Henry to William and east on East William to the historical society.
Tickets for the walk are $10 for adults, $5 for children and students through college age and $20 per family. The walking tours are limited to 30 people each; advance reservations are required. Call the DCHS at 740-369-3831 or visit delawareohiohistory.org. Tickets for the walk also are available at Beehive Books, 35 N. Sandusky St., Delaware.