Delaware County: Teen's naked run brings public-indecency charge
A "senior tag" stunt may have landed a local student in hot water.
Delaware police responded to reports of a juvenile male running nude in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 200 block of Chelsea Street about 5:40 p.m. April 11.
The juvenile was identified, and it was discovered he had been participating in a stunt as part of a "senior tag" game played by local high school students, according to reports.
Charges of public indecency were submitted to the Delaware County Juvenile Court, reports said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A Delaware man reported an attempted robbery about 10:14 p.m. April 6 near the intersection of South Franklin Street and Bernard Avenue, police said.
The victim was approached by two male suspects who tried, but failed, to take his backpack from him, according to reports.
* Officers responded to the 500 block of Sunbury Road on reports of a burglary that took place about 2:10 a.m. April 13, reports said.
Multiple suspects were identified and all property was recovered. The case was forwarded to a grand jury for review.
* Video games worth $250 were stolen during a burglary between 1 and 2 p.m. April 5 at a residence in the first block of Maple Street, police said.
* Medicine was reported stolen in a burglary between 7:45 and 8:45 a.m. April 11 at a residence in the first block of Tanglewood Drive, according to reports.
An unknown individual entered a Delaware residence in the same block between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. April 10 and stole $289 in cash, police said.
* Prescription medicine worth $25 was reported stolen between 3 and 5:30 p.m. April 11 from a residence in the 800 block of Buehler Drive.
* Copper piping worth $3,500 was stolen between midnight March 6 and noon April 1 from inside a vacant house in the 400 block of North Sandusky Street, police said.
* An officer broke out a window to rescue a man who was slumped over in a vehicle, apparently due to a drug overdose, at about 2:30 p.m. April 10 at the intersection of North Sandusky Street and East Fountain Avenue, police said.
The man was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Model cars worth $5,000 were stolen between 8 a.m. March 20 and 11:07 p.m. March 27 from a residence in the 6700 block of state Route 37 in Galena, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
The victim reported someone forced entry by prying open a door and took his collection of miniature NASCAR replicas.
Damage to the door was estimated at $300.
* Property worth $504 was stolen between 8 p.m. March 26 and 12:45 p.m. March 27 from a residence in the 4800 block of Dildine Road in Delaware, reports said.
Stolen items include a satellite radio receiver, a GPS unit and a wallet.
* A resident of the 7000 block of Olentangy River Road reported someone used his personal information to make fraudulent purchases totaling $991 between Jan. 2 and April 5, sheriff's reports said.
* A purse containing $500 in cash was stolen between 9:30 and 10 a.m. April 2 from a vehicle parked in the 7300 block of state Route 37 East in Sunbury, reports said.
* A stereo faceplate worth $75 was reported stolen between 3:54 and 4:46 p.m. March 30 from a vehicle parked in the 1300 block of Hanover Road in Delaware.