Delaware: Burglars take wood carvings, rowboat, more from yards
The Delaware County Sheriff's Office has responded to reports of property stolen from area yards in recent weeks.
Multiple steel gratings and storm drain covers, together worth $300, were reported stolen between midnight March 30 and 2:48 p.m. April 5 from a residence in the 100 block of Harrison Street in Galena, the sheriff's office said.
Two wood carvings depicting bears, together valued at $700, were stolen between 6:47 and 7:11 a.m. April 8 from outside a residence in the 9400 block of state Route 37 in Sunbury, reports said.
Finally, a 12-foot aluminum rowboat worth $500 was stolen between 6 p.m. April 8 and 7:30 p.m. April 9 from outside a home in the 2800 block of North Galena Road in Sunbury, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware County Sheriff's reports:
* Two bathroom-sink faucets were reported damaged between 9:10 p.m. April 5 and 10:13 a.m. April 6 at the Concord Township administrative offices, 6385 Home Road.
The damage was estimated at $300, according to reports.
* A stop sign was stolen between 1:30 and 5:50 p.m. April 7 from the first block of Fourwinds Drive near Sunbury, reports said.
Delaware police responded to a report of arson at about 1:59 a.m. April 18 at a residence in the first block of West Central Avenue.
A small fire was started around a door frame by an unknown person, police said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A burglary was reported between noon April 14 and 3 a.m. April 18 at a residence in the 700 block of Liberty Road.
* A window on the exterior of a vacant residence in the first block of West Harrison Street was broken between 11:45 a.m. and 5 p.m. April 14, police said.
* The front driver's-side window of a vehicle was smashed between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. April 18 while the car was parked in the first block of Reid Street, according to reports.
* A Delaware man reported someone scratched his car with a key between 7:30 and 10:50 a.m. April 19 while it was parked in the 500 block of Boulder Drive.
* Property worth $50 was stolen between 5 and 8:30 p.m. April 21 from a residence in the 200 block of Chelsea Street, police said.
* A woman who lives in the 100 block of Sylvan Road reported a case of identity theft that took place between Jan. 31 and April 15.
According to the report, someone used her personal information to fraudulently file a tax return.