For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
• Fishing program, 6 p.m., Friday, May 3, Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road. Young people, ages 16 and younger with an adult, can learn how to fish. Rods and reels provided. Registration deadline is one week before the event.
• Woodcarving classes: Two six-week woodcarving classes for ages 16 and up will be held this spring at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Both classes will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and June 13.
• Introduction to Woodcarving: How to choose wood, use and care for tools, and complete a project. Fee of $45 includes tools and materials.
• Beginning Relief Carving: How to carve pictures and scenes on a flat wooden back-ground. Fee of $50 covers chisels and materials. Bring a basic carving knife, glove, thumb guard and sharpening strap, or purchase them for an extra $30.
Registration deadline is Monday, April 29.
• "Habitat Heroes!" 3 p.m., Sunday, May 5. Help Preservation Parks destroy "evil" invasive plants such as garlic mustard and invasive honeysuckle. Bring shears and gloves. A Dutch-oven dinner will follow. Anyone wearing a super hero costume might win a prize. Registration is required by Sunday, April 28. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
No registration needed for this activity:
• "What's in the Box?" 2 p.m., Sunday, April 28. Tree swallows and bluebirds should be active in the boxes along the trail. Help a naturalist check each box, identify the nest builders, and record data. Ages 9 and older. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road.