Delaware: TV, cash stolen in pair of Delaware break-ins
Delaware police officers responded to a pair of burglaries late last month in the city.
A television valued at $550 was stolen between 9:30 p.m. April 23 and 8 a.m. April 24 from a residence in the first block of Eaton Street, police said.
The owner reported someone entered her residence and took the TV from her living room during the night.
A total of $75 in cash was stolen during a burglary that took place between noon and 12:30 p.m. April 24 at a residence in the 200 block of London Road, police said.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported someone threw a large rock through a window at his residence in the first block of Curtis Street between Feb. 15 and April 25.
* A utility trailer was reported stolen between midnight and 6 p.m. April 24 from where it was parked beside a residence in the 200 block of East William Street, police said.
* Officers confronted two thieves and arrested one after they were caught stealing industrial equipment from at about 1 a.m. April 30 from a business in the 400 block of Curtis Street, police said.
According to reports, police approached the scene after a vehicle was spotted backed up to the closed business.
The suspects fled on foot when confronted, but one was caught and arrested, reports said. The other suspect remained at large at the time of the report.
* A Delaware woman reported someone damaged two door handles on her vehicle between 4 p.m. April 29 and 12:15 p.m. April 30 while it was parked in the 200 block of Silver Maple Drive.
* Fifteen electric motors, together worth $4,500, were stolen between 2 and 7 a.m. April 27 from a business in the 500 block of Liberty Road, police said.
* A man residing in the 1400 block of state Route 37 reported someone used his personal information to open a credit card in his name between Jan. 1, 2007, and April 24, 2013.
* Six cast-iron drain gates were stolen between 5 p.m. April 22 and 8 a.m. April 23 from Oak Grove Cemetery, 334 S. Sandusky St., police said.
* Two gold necklaces and one diamond necklace, together worth $1,200, were stolen between Jan. 1 and April 18 from a residence in the 3800 block of Marysville Road in Delaware, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
* Three windows were smashed and two tires slashed on a vehicle between 8 p.m. April 15 and 7:30 a.m. April 16 while it was parked outside a residence in the 2000 block of Bunty Station Road in Delaware, reports said.
Damages to the vehicle were estimated at $1,900, according to reports.