Delaware: Drunken man causes problems for neighbors
Delaware police responded to complaints this week from residents of the 100 block of Columbus Avenue about an intoxicated neighbor who allegedly was urinating on his front lawn and making threats.
Officers arrived at the scene at about 7:30 p.m. June 19 and arrested the 47-year-old man for public indecency and disorderly conduct. According to police reports, he also attempted to assault one of his neighbors during the incident.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Vandals targeted the 100 block of Griswold Street this week, scratching the paint of 10 different vehicles parked in driveways and on the street. Police reports show the vehicle owners began calling in reports at midnight June 20. It's unknown what type of sharp object was used to scratch the cars, reports said.
* Officers stopped a vehicle for driving in Mingo Park after hours June 17 and found five teenagers inside who were breaking city curfew, reports said. The five, ranging in age from 15 to 17, were cited for curfew violations. Two of the minors also were arrested for possession of marijuana, according to reports.
* Delaware County Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to America's Best Value Inn, 7323 state Route 37 E. in Sunbury, at 10 p.m. June 8 after a hotel worker reported hearing a gunshot. Reports said when deputies arrived, they found a window had been shattered and a 9mm bullet was located on the floor inside a room.
* A vehicle that was left unlocked was reported stolen June 1. Reports said it had been parked in the 800 block of U.S. Route 42 North in Delaware.
* Deputies approached a vehicle parked at the dead end of Fourwinds Drive in Sunbury at 4:30 p.m. June 2 to find a woman whom they believed had recently smoked marijuana, reports said. After noticing an odor coming from the vehicle, deputies conducted a search and found three marijuana cigarettes, two of which had been smoked, as well as a glass pipe, reports said.
* The sheriff's office took a report of identity fraud June 12 when the owner of a business in the 1200 block of U.S. Route 42 North in Delaware learned someone had been using his name to place online orders. An order the business owner didn't make for 18 cellphones tipped him off to the fraud, according to reports.