Ten guns valued at nearly $8,000 were reported stolen June 18 from an unlocked Sunbury home.
The owner of the home in the 2000 block of North County Line Road told the Delaware County Sheriff's Office that various shotguns and rifles were taken from his unlocked safe, along with $500 in collectable coins.
According to reports, an investigation is ongoing, because all of the stolen firearms have been entered into Law Enforcement Agencies Data System. The system can track the guns if they are found, sold or confiscated after being used to commit a crime.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* Automotive equipment was reported stolen June 13 from a garage in the 5000 block of Creek Road in Sunbury. A battery charger, floor jack and air compressor, together worth $725, were taken, according to reports.
* Rings and necklaces valued at $500 were reported stolen June 14 from a home in the 1000 block of Leonardsburg Road. According to reports, no force was used to break in to the home between 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 p.m., and it was apparent that the thief had entered through the front door.
* The department was able to reunite a woman with her stolen purse just 12 hours after it was taken from her vehicle.
According to reports, deputies took a theft report June 13 that a rear passenger-side window had been broken out of a vehicle parked in the 1000 block of Haverhill Court between 9 p.m. June 12 and 7:30 a.m. June 13. The victim reported her purse and three credit cards had been stolen. At about 7:55 p.m. that day, the department received a call from a man who found the purse in his flowerbed on Shale Run Drive in Powell.
Delaware police responded to three reports of criminal damaging last weekend.
Between 8 p.m. and midnight June 22, a garden hose was unraveled and landscaping was damaged at a home in the 500 block of Sunbury Road, reports said.
A motorcycle parked in the 100 block of South Washington Street was tipped over between 8:30 p.m. June 22 and 8 a.m. June 23. According to reports, the bike was damaged.
Police were called June 24 to apartments in the 500 block of Willis Lane to take a report of a broken rear window. The vehicle's owner reported nothing was stolen.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Between 11 p.m. June 21 and 7 a.m. June 22, thieves made off with a city recycling bin filled with five bags of aluminum cans, as well as a trash bin. Both bins were stolen from the curb outside a home in the 400 block of Dunlap Street, reports said.
* A mountain bike parked outside the Delaware County District Library, 84 E. Winter St., was stolen between 2:30 and 3 p.m. June 24, according to police.
* A bicycle was stolen June 22 from an apartment complex in the 500 block of Taft Court. Neighbors told police they witnessed someone taking off with the bike between 9:33 and 9:42 a.m.