Stratford Ecological Center is at 3083 Liberty Road. For information on the following programs, to register or to volunteer, call 740-363-2548 or email SECVolunteer@aol.com (volunteers) or SECEarthShare@aol.com.
* Story Time, 10 to 11 a.m., Aug. 13. Each session will have a theme based on the farm's seasonal happenings. Cost is $5 per family.
* Herbal Study Group, 1 to 3 p.m., Aug. 13. Cost is $10/year. Call for each month's topic.
* Book Talks, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 23. (The fourth Friday of each month; the third Friday in December.) Librarian Liz Barker leads the discussion.
* Herbal Study Group, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Aug. 24. Cost is $10/year.
* Farm to Fork, 1 to 3 p.m., Sept. 21, Nov. 16. Local chef Mark Zedella will prepare vegetables, grains and other foods with in-season ingredients. Maximum class size is 24; minimum size is six. Cost is $30 per person. Social hour starts at 6 p.m.; dinner at 7:30 p.m. Reservations required. For details, call number above or email email@example.com.