Delaware: Puppies snatched from Sunbury breeder's yard
On Aug. 2, a thief grabbed two puppies from the front yard of a home in the 1000 block of North Galena Road in Sunbury, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.
At about 7:15 p.m. that day, a breeder allowed the pure-bred German shepherd puppies to roam the yard while he was fixing their kennels, reports said. The breeder told deputies that a vehicle stopped, someone inside picked up the puppies and drove off.
The dogs are valued at $2,000, reports said.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* Deputies were able to catch a thief in the act Aug. 6 when a caller reported a man was loading his truck with scrap metal at a home in the 300 block of Dunham Road in Delaware. According to reports, the man was arrested and taken to the Delaware County jail for attempting to steal $165 worth of metal.
* Between 8 p.m. Aug. 5 and 7 a.m. Aug. 6, tools worth more than $1,000 were reported stolen from a truck parked in the 12000 block of state Route 37 in Sunbury. Reports listed the stolen items as a master flaring set, a reciprocating saw and an 18-volt slide-pack battery.
* Deputies are investigating the theft of a vehicle from a home in the 1000 block of state Route 605 in Sunbury. Reports said a pickup truck valued at $7,000 was unlocked with the keys inside when it was taken between 1 and 7 a.m. Aug. 6.
* Four gallons of gas were reported to have been siphoned from a vehicle at a home in the 4000 block of Marysville Road in Delaware. Reports said the incident occurred between 6 p.m. July 31 and 8 a.m. Aug. 1.
* On July 30, a man visited a boat ramp on Home Road in Delaware to find that someone had stolen his boat's motor since the last time he'd used it July 20. The motor is valued at $3,000.
Delaware police took reports of three thefts from vehicles last week.
A stereo faceplate went missing at 8 a.m. Aug. 8 from an unlocked vehicle parked on the 600 block of Buehler Drive. An in-dash stereo also was taken Aug. 10 from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of Executive Boulevard. Reports said the stereo went missing between 2 and 11 a.m.
At noon Aug. 12, a report was made that a license plate, fleece jacket and four CDs were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1000 block of Columbus Pike.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* Officers were called Aug. 12 to the first block of Somerset Road to investigate a broken window on a living-room door. Reports said there was evidence someone had entered through the home's sunroom between 11 p.m. Aug. 11 and 7 a.m. Aug 12 to break the window, but nothing else was out of place.
* On Aug. 9, thieves used a patio entrance at an apartment in the 1000 block of West Towne Lane to escape with a safe that contained $900 and various documents, reports said.
* Reports said between 8 a.m. Aug. 6 and 8 p.m. Aug. 10, $900 in gold jewelry and $780 in cash was taken from a home in the 100 block of Cottswold Drive.