Delaware police responded to four separate reports last week that loose change had been stolen from unlocked vehicles parked on city streets. Reports said thieves made away with an estimated $29.50 in change.
The owner of an unlocked vehicle parked in the first block of Lake Street told police that $10 had been taken from the car's console between 5 p.m. Aug. 28 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 29.
Dimes, nickels and quarters worth $3.50 went missing from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 100 block of East Winter Street. Reports said the change was taken between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 28 and 8:30 a.m. Sept. 3.
Another unlocked vehicle parked in the 200 block of Cumberland Road was entered between 6 p.m. Aug. 30 and 9 a.m. Aug. 31 and $15 in loose change and cash were stolen, reports said.
In addition to an estimated $1 in change that was taken from an unlocked vehicle parked in the first block of Adams Lane, two cellphone chargers, a wallet and book bag also were stolen. Reports said the wallet contained gift cards, credit cards and a driver's license. Inside the book bag was a calculator valued at $130. Reports said the theft took place between 10 p.m. Aug. 31 and 9:59 a.m. Sept. 1.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* The rear door of a business in the first block of Sandusky Street was forced open to allow thieves to take $200 from a cash register and two pairs of running shoes, valued at $240. The break-in took place between 7 p.m. Aug. 28 and 10:15 a.m. Aug. 29, reports said.
* Police responded Sept. 3 to a business in the 200 block of Silver Maple Drive after receiving a call that the front door had been forced open. A laptop computer was reported missing from inside. Reports listed two possible suspects for the theft, which took place between 5 p.m. Aug. 31 and 1:32 a.m. Sept. 3. Warrants were issued, but no arrests have been made, reports said.
* Reports said thieves used the side entrance of a business in the 1000 block of Columbus Pike to gain access to the cash register after hours and make away with $90. The cash was taken between 7 p.m. Sept. 1 and 9 a.m. Sept. 2.
* Between 9 p.m. Aug. 2 and 5 a.m. Aug. 3, a brick was thrown through the front window of a home in the first block of Moore Street, police said.
* A bicycle was stolen from Mingo Park, 500 E. Lincoln Ave., between 3:45 p.m. and 4:50 p.m. Aug. 29. Reports said the bicycle is worth $80.
* Two bicycles valued at $20 each were taken from racks outside an apartment complex in the 200 block of Curtis Street. They were stolen between 8 p.m. Aug. 30 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 31, reports said.