As of this fall, Columbus State Community College staff members and students will have immediate access to more than 2,000 Delaware County District Library books at the campus Learning Commons through a new partnership between DCDL and CSCC.
Students will be able to borrow books already on the shelves or request library materials to be delivered to the school by DCDL Outreach Services. Also, Delaware and Orange library patrons can watch for new iPad-based informational kiosks to help current and prospective CSCC students as part of the collaboration.
Weekly library programs
The following programs are offered at the Delaware County District Library, 84 E. Winter St. Contact delawarelibrary.org or call 740-362-3861. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. Registration is not required unless noted.
* Picture Book Club: Buster, by Denise Fleming, 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 17.
* LEGO Club: Robots, 7 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 18. Ages 9-11.
* DelawaREADS YMCA Teen Overnight Lock-In at the Delaware YMCA (cost associated), 8 p.m. to 7 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 18 to Thursday, Sept. 19. Grades 6-12.
* Great Geek-Out: Star Wars teen program, 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19.
* Paws for Reading, 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 21. Ages 5 and up. Registration required.
* Jim Gill concert family program, 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 24.
* DelawaREADS Adult Book Discussion: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday Sept. 25.
* Cook Book Club adult program: River Cottage Veg: 200 Inspired Vegetable Recipes, by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 26.
* Selling on eBay adult program, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 28.