For information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3.
* Toys before Technology on display. An exhibit of vintage children's toys will open Dec. 12, at Gallant Farm Preserve, Preservation Parks' 1930s-1940s living history farm. Gallant Farm Preserve is at 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Preschool Park Pals: Treats for Birds and Squirrels, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19. Make bird cookies and other treats for our feathered and furry friends. Be aware we use peanut butter and nut products. Ages 4-5. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Register by Dec. 12.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 9. Hike for older adults. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run, Lewis Center.
* Railroad Fun, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 14, and noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 15. Watch the model trains travel through a miniature village, and talk to members of the Delaware County Model Railroaders about railroading in America. All ages. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St., Sunbury.
* Animals of the Night, 2 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 15. Ohio Nature Education guests will bring live nocturnal animals to The Lodge. Visitors will learn how the differences between nocturnal and diurnal (daytime) animals allow the "creatures of the night" to survive. Ages 5 and up. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.