Two South Sandusky Street businesses reported a man attempted to use counterfeit $50 bills minutes apart last week.
At 9:55 a.m. Jan. 6, a man paid for three packs of sponges and soap with a counterfeit $50 bill at a business in the 100 block of South Sandusky Street, according to Delaware police reports. The man received $41.97 in change, police said.
At 10:05 a.m. the same day, a business in the 400 block of South Sandusky Street reported a man attempted to buy cigarettes with a counterfeit $50 bill. The man received no merchandise or change and fled before police arrived, police said.
The case is under investigation, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A woman reported an attempted burglary occurred between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 8 at an apartment in the 2200 block of Bruce Road. Someone attempted to enter her residence through the front door and a window, according to police reports.
* A man reported his apartment was entered and multiple items were stolen between 4 and 4:15 p.m. Jan. 7 in the 500 block of Taft Court. No estimate of the items' value was listed.
* A woman living in the first block of New Market Drive reported theft and forgery that occurred between Oct. 29 and Jan. 6. She alleged a former roommate had stolen checks and credit cards from her and used both to make purchases.
* A woman reported some credit cards were stolen between Dec. 29 and 31. The credit cards were taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of Vaughn Road, reports said.
* A man living in the 100 block of Bricknell Way reported a felony theft that occurred between Dec. 28 and Jan. 4. The case is under investigation, according to police reports.
A man and his sister reported prescription medications were stolen between 1 and 6 p.m. Nov. 30 from a residence in the 500 block of state Route 605. An unknown suspect broke in through the front door and stole acetaminophen, clonazepam and oxycodone, as well as two rings valued at $30, according to Delaware County Sheriff's reports.