The 2014 Agronomy Workshop & Expo will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at All Occasions Catering in Waldo.
The free program is sponsored by the Delaware, Knox, Licking and Morrow Soil & Water Conservation Districts, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service and the Upper Big Walnut Creek Water Quality Partnership.
Topics to be discussed include:
* "Soil Fertility, Nutrient Stewardship and eKonomics," by Robert Mullen, director of Agronomy and Market Research at PotashCorp.
* "Make Your Soil 'Smoke!' Soil Health, Improve Your Soil Structure, Organic Matter & Drainage," by Frank Gibbs, soil scientist with Wetland & Soil Consulting Services LLC.
* "Tile Drainage and Phosphorus Transport," by Kevin King, research agricultural engineer with USDA Agricultural Research Service.
* "Managing Herbicide Site of Action," by Mark Loux, weed management specialist with the Ohio State University Extension.
* "Environmental Quality Incentives Program," by Denise Shafer, district conservationist with USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
* "Cover Crops: a Testimonial," by local agricultural producers Brian Skinner, Delaware County, and Jim Braddock, Knox County.
Reservations are requested by Jan. 23. Contact the Delaware Soil & Water Conservation District at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-368-1921.