Delaware County Sheriff's deputies received reports of several tool thefts from residential construction sites at the end of 2013.
A man who was building a home in the 6100 block of Farmstead Lane in Liberty Township reported the building was entered between midnight Dec. 31 and 8 a.m. Jan. 2. Tools valued at $2,216 were missing from the site, according to sheriff's reports.
A contractor and a homeowner reported the theft of tools valued at $2,227 that occurred between 12:45 and 2 p.m. Dec. 31 at a work site in the 2000 block of East Powell Road in Lewis Center.
A man reported someone had taken tools from a home he was working on between 3:15 p.m. Dec. 29 and 10 a.m. Dec. 30 in the 1500 block of Little Bear Loop in Lewis Center. The tools are valued at $601, according to sheriff's reports.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* A woman living in the 7500 block of Kilbourne Road reported a gold nugget containing three diamonds, valued at $500, went missing from her home between July 28 and Dec. 30. She said $500 in cash also was taken.
* A woman reported a burglary that occurred between 11:45 a.m. and noon Dec. 30 in the 7500 block of Home Road in Delaware. She said jewelry, cash and a television were taken from the property.
The total loss was estimated at $1,050, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman reported theft by deceit occurred between Oct. 11 and Dec. 23 in the 700 block of Glenn Road in Delaware. She said a family member was paid $50,000 to complete work on the property that was not finished.
* Employees at a business in the 700 block of U.S. Route 23 North in Delaware reported $6,366 worth of unauthorized charges were made to a business credit account.
* A man living in the 16600 block of Murphy Road in Sunbury reported someone had made checks using his bank account information Dec. 16. The suspect had used one check at a restaurant, according to sheriff's reports.
* A woman living in the first block of New Market Drive reported to Delaware police that someone stole her identity between Dec. 23 and Jan. 21. The woman said someone used her identity to prevent her from accessing her utility accounts.
* Employees at a business reported the theft of construction supplies that occurred between Dec. 23 and Jan. 17 in the 500 block of Braumiller Crossing Drive. Six steel beams were taking from the site, according to police reports.