The following programs are offered at the Community Library, 44 Burrer Drive, Sunbury, unless noted. For information, call 740-965-3901, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit community.lib.oh.us.
The following programs are offered at the Community Library, 44 Burrer Drive, Sunbury, unless noted. For information, call 740-965-3901.
* February is Library Lovers' Month! Each week the library will distribute tokens of appreciation to patrons. Weekly drawings of goodies will be held for adults; another weekly drawing will be held for children. Throughout February, patrons may register to win a grand prize.
* Winter Reading Club, Feb. 3 to March 1. "Reading is Hot, Hot, HOT!" Kids up to age 11 who read or listen to reading for four hours receive a small prize and are entered for a chance to win a grand prize, such as a pinata with candy, a $20 Mi Sombrero gift certificate, or a DVD of their choice (up to a $25 value).
* Journal Writing Group, 1 to 2 p.m., Monday, Feb. 3 and Monday, Feb. 17. Write your life story.
* Gentle Yoga, 1 to 2 p.m., Wednesdays, Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26. No registration necessary. Cost is $5. Pay at the class.
* First Thursday Book Group, 7 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 6. The book for this meeting is I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai. Extra copies of the book are available at the library.
* Yoga for Beginners and Beyond, 7 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, Feb. 12, 19 and 26. No registration necessary. Cost is $5. Pay at the class.
* Crone Circle, 2:30 to 4 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 12, hosted by Susan Brown and Maggie Fenton. Women age 60 and older look at alternative ways to experience the third stage of life. To start, participants will discuss the book Wise Woman's Way by Berta Parrish. (It is not necessary to buy a book to participate.)
* Movies for Grownups, 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 13. On Valentine's Day Eve, the movie is a 2013 comedy starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini. Admission is free though RSVPs are requested. Bring snacks if you like.
* Dog Tales: Read to a Furry Friend, 4 to 5 p.m. Mondays through Feb. 17. Children age 6 and up can read to a therapy dog in a non-judgmental, relaxed setting. No registration required. Free.
* ZenDrawing Class, 4 to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 18; 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20; 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, March 20. Drawing in the Zentangle Style. Marjorie Wilhelm uses a step by step, meditative process to teach students to make drawings, greeting cards and other art. Cost is $10 per class. Register early to reserve a seat. Materials packet will be available in class for $6.
* Rainbow Loom Crafternoon, 4 to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 19. Children age 7 and up can learn to make a single pattern and a fishtail bracelet, or make your own project. Bring a loom and supplies if you have them, or learn an easy way to make rubber band jewelry without a loom. All participants will receive a free bracelet charm. Registration required. Free.
* What Do You Think? 7 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 25. (Fourth Tuesday of the month.) Hosts are Bruce and Judy Denton. Questions/topics are written down and put in a hat; someone picks a question and the talk begins.
* Monday Morning Knitting and Crocheting, 10 a.m. to noon. Bring a knitting project or, if you need help getting started, yarn and needles. Free coffee.
* Think Outside the Tour: Educational Travel for Adults, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 4. Carol Becker of the nonprofit travel organization Road Scholar offers programs to help the curious and the adventurous discover the world. Free, but RSVPs are requested.
* Tuesday Evening Knitters, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, for knitting and conversation.
No registration is required and siblings are welcome at the following free weekly programs:
* Babytime, ages 0-23 months, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Tuesdays. For infants and toddlers with an accompanying adult.
* Time for Twos, 2-year-olds, 9:45 a.m. Tuesdays. For children accompanied by an adult.
* Wiggles and Giggles, 3-year-olds, 9:45-10:15 a.m. Thursdays.
* Laugh and Learn, ages 4-6, 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays.