Delaware police arrested two Columbus men last week after they reportedly broke into a residence in Delaware and attacked the occupant. Officers were dispatched early Feb. 19 to a house in the first block of Wootring Street after a burglary that occurred between midnight and 12:45 a.m. was reported.
Two suspects forced their way into the house and physically assaulted a man inside, according to police reports. Arrest warrants were issued for two suspects who were apprehended later that day, police said.
John F. Grant Jr., 22, of Lipton Road in Columbus, and Brice A. Cunningham, 21, of Wayland Drive in Columbus are being held at the Delaware County jail on charges of aggravated burglary, according to reports.
In other recent Delaware police reports:
* A man reported a burglary that occurred between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Feb. 13 in the 200 block of South Sandusky Street. An unknown suspect took a video-game console valued at $150, according to police reports.
* A woman reported an armed robbery that occurred between 8 and 8:45 p.m. Feb. 19 in the 100 block of Pumphrey Terrace. She said two masked men robbed and assaulted her during a drug transaction, according to police reports.
* A woman reported she was sexually assaulted by an acquaintance Feb. 9 on the Ohio Wesleyan University campus. The report is being investigated, police said.
* Police took a report of disseminating harmful materials involving a juvenile victim at about 11:30 am. Feb. 16.
* A woman living in the 100 block of Flint Rock Drive reported a theft of drugs that occurred between Jan. 29 and Feb. 16.
A woman filed a report Feb. 11 of a theft that occurred between Jan. 10 and 31 in the 8700 block of Cheshire Road in Berkshire Township. The woman told Delaware County Sheriff's deputies she believed hired carpet cleaners had stolen $2,848 worth of jewelry from her residence.