For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3, or email email@example.com.
For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, ext. 3.
Rita Au to be honored
Preservation Parks will host a public open house from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 6, to recognize Rita Au, who is retiring after 25 years as executive director of the park system.
The open house will be at Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware. Guests are invited to drop in anytime; however, a presentation honoring Au will be held at 1:30 p.m. Refreshments will be available.
Camp registration underway: Preservation Parks will offer nature camps for ages 8-10 and farm camps for ages 7-12. All the camps are day camps that run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Fees range from $100 to $125. For descriptions of each camp, registration materials and a brochure, visit preservationparks.com or call 740-524-8600, ext. 3.
Register to attend:
* Preschool Park Pals: Nests, 10 a.m., Thursday, April 10. Birds and their nests. Ages 4-5. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Register by Sunday, April 6.
* Homeschool Adventures: Spring on the Farm, 10 a.m., Thursday, April 17. See how farm families of the 1930s and '40s welcomed spring. Ages 7 and older. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road. Space is limited. Register by Monday, April 14.
* Beneath the Surface, 9 a.m., Saturday, April 19. Hike off-trail to explore wetland habitats. Wear waterproof boots and bring cameras and binoculars. Ages 18 and older, but children may accompany parents. Gallant Farm Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road. Register by Wednesday, April 16.
No registration is necessary to attend these programs:
* Heron Happenings, 2 p.m., Sunday, March 23. Learn about the Great Blue Heron's life cycle; then visit a nearby heronry to observe herons through spotting scopes. Ages 7 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, March 24. Hike for older adults. Polaris Fashion Place, 1500 Polaris Parkway. Meet in the food court.
* Hound Hike, 6 p.m., Wednesday, March 26. Bring your socialized dog for a walk on the nature trails. All ages. Char-Mar Ridge Preserve, 7741 Lewis Center Road.
* Salamander Sunday, noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 30. Ohio is home to many species of salamanders. See several up close while learning about these amazing amphibians. All ages. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, March 31. Hike for older adults. Polaris Fashion Place, 1500 Polaris Parkway. Meet in the food court.
* Breathtaking Beaks, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, April 5. Start with a birdwatching hike led by Columbus Audubon, then enjoy coffee in The Lodge. Visitors are welcome to drop in anytime during the day to see a collection of bird beaks and learn about their functions. Ages 5 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.