A Mansfield man sought by city of Delaware and Delaware County authorities for allegedly stealing electronics from local retail stores was arrested recently by Delaware County Sheriff's deputies.
Shane E. Brownfield, 41, of South Diamond Street in Mansfield, was arrested shortly after 3:30 p.m. March 24 and charged with felony theft and engaging in a pattern of corrupt behavior, according to Delaware County Sheriff's Office reports.
Brownfield allegedly stole $3,290 worth of electronics and tax preparation software between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. March 24 from a store in the 8800 block of Columbus Pike in Lewis Center, reports said.
Delaware police also were looking for Brownfield in connection with the theft of $679 worth of electronic fitness trackers from a store between 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. March 18 in the 1300 block of Sunbury Road, according to police reports. Brownfield faces a charge of petty theft in that case, reports said.
A relative reported a juvenile was riding his bike near Hayes High School, 289 Euclid Ave., about 10:30 p.m. March 31 when an unknown suspect assaulted him.
The suspect struck the boy, knocking him off the bicycle, according to police reports.
The suspect then fled with the bicycle, reports said.
In other recent Delaware city police reports:
* A man reported a theft occurred between Nov. 2013 and March 31 in Smith Park, 1305 Troy Road.
Construction materials, including four toilet flushing mechanisms worth $200, were taken from the site, according to police reports.
* A man reported a burglary occurred between 8:45 and 9 a.m. March 28 at an apartment in the 100 of South Franklin Street.
He said two men gained access to a locked storage area and were found sleeping.
* A woman reported an attempted burglary occurred between 8 and 11 p.m. March 26 in the 1700 block of Ashburn Drive.
An unknown person attempted to break in through the residence's back door.
* A woman living in the 300 block of East Central Avenue reported a case of identity theft occurred between 5 and 6 p.m. March 31.
She said an unknown suspect used her credit card number to make a $600 purchase.
* Police responded to a report of drug trafficking at 2 a.m. March 29 in the first block of Troy Road.
A suspect was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and might face marijuana trafficking charges, according to reports.