Main Street Delaware's June 6 First Friday will feature "Artful Spaces in Downtown Places," the program that allows ticket holders to visit downtown apartments, office suites and unfinished areas which are usually closed to the public.
The Ohio Machine Major League Lacrosse team, this year's event sponsor, will provide a complimentary June 6 game-day ticket (an $18 value) with each Artful Spaces ticket sold.
The Ohio Machine will play the Boston Cannons at Selby Stadium, 45 S. Henry St., at 8 p.m.
As part of the "Artful Spaces" theme, local artists and local artists are invited to set up on downtown sidewalks to sell their works.
Spaces are available for $35 per 8-foot section and may be reserved by registering online. Vendors must supply their own tables.
Locations which are scheduled to be included on the 2014 Artful Spaces tour are:
* Slocum Hall, on the Ohio Wesleyan University campus, featuring a 70-foot by 20-foot leaded glass ceiling;
* OWU's Richard M. Ross Art Museum, a renovated U.S. post office, including an art quilt show featuring 66 creations by 37 artists from 16 states, Israel and Australia;
* The unfinished upper floor of a former pharmacy at 1 N. Sandusky St.
* An upper-floor apartment at 12 S. Sandusky St.
* A partially finished office at 7 E. William St.
* The City Art Center at 22 E. Winter St., where "SABBATICAL," a photography exhibit by Ellen Arnold, an environmental historian and OWU assistant professor in medieval history, will be featured.
The self-guided walking tour will run from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $20 per person. Children age 12 and younger are free.
Tickets are available at Button Up, 29 N. Sandusky St., at the Main Street Delaware office, 20 E. Winter St., on the day of the tour or online at mainstreetdelaware.com.