Delaware police are looking for an unknown suspect who broke into a park shelterhouse and damaged city property.
A man reported someone forced his or her way into a locked shelterhouse at Mingo Park, 500 E. Lincoln Ave., between 8 p.m. May 29 and 6 a.m. May 30.
The suspect reportedly discharged a fire extinguisher after breaking into the structure.
An investigation into the case is pending, according to police reports. The incident could lead to charges of burglary, a fifth-degree felony, reports said.
In other recent police reports:
* A witness scared off an unknown person during an attempted theft from a vehicle about 12:45 a.m. May 26 in the first block of Columbus Avenue, according to police reports.
The witness yelled at an unknown man who entered a neighbor's unlocked car and followed him while calling the police, reports said.
The case is under investigation.
* An unknown person broke into a business in the 1800 block of Columbus Pike between 10:30 p.m. June 1 and 10:45 a.m. June 2, according to police reports. The business reported $100 was missing from the scene.
* A man reported his house was burglarized between 9 and 10 p.m. May 27 in the first block of West Central Avenue. An unknown suspect broke in through the front door and stole a television, a Blu-ray player, a lockbox and cash, according to police reports.
The stolen property was valued at $497, reports said.
* A woman reported multiple items were stolen from her unlocked locker between 4 and 5 p.m. May 28 at the Delaware Community Center YMCA, 1121 S. Houk Road. The victim said $60 cash, a debit card and clothing were taken.
* A woman reported someone stole 30 prescription pills from her residence in the 200 block of Rockmill Street between noon May 30 and 8 a.m. May 31.
* A man reported someone stole 60 prescription pills from his vehicle between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. June 3 while it was parked in the first block of North Union Street.
* A motorcycle was reported stolen shortly after 5 p.m. May 31 from the first block of Toledo Street. Police found the bike shortly thereafter, less than a mile away in the 400 block of West William Street, according to police reports.
* Delaware police recently arrested a woman after an alleged robbery at a business on the city's south side.
Police arrested Courtney R. Backus, 24, who is homeless, after she allegedly stole $19.92 worth of merchandise from a business, according to police reports. The alleged incident occurred between 4 and 4:45 p.m. May 31 in the 1700 block of Columbus Pike, reports said.
Police characterized the incident as a strong-arm robbery after determining Backus used force while fleeing the scene, according to reports.
* A woman living in the 800 block of Ravine Ridge Drive reported her identity had been stolen before June 3. Her personal information was used to file a fraudulent income-tax return, according to police reports.
* The Delaware County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man who robbed a Berlin Township gas station last week.
The suspect, described by a witness as a light-skinned black man, about 5-feet, 8-inches tall, entered Speedway, 5619 Columbus Pike, shortly after midnight May 30, according to a news release. The suspect was seen wearing a dark hat and hooded sweatshirt in surveillance photos.
The man, who had a handgun, demanded money from the cashier and fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash, according to reports.
* A man living in the 5600 block of Chapman Road in Liberty Township reported May 27 that his identity had been stolen in 2007.
The man said a collections agency contacted him regarding $2,300 in debt he owed on a cellphone account, according to sheriff's reports. Someone had used his Social Security number to fraudulently set up an account, reports said.
* A man reported his garage was burglarized between 6 p.m. May 25 and 10:30 a.m. June 1 in the 1500 block of South Three B's & K Road in Berlin Township. Damage to a garage door and framework was estimated at $450.