For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
No registration is necessary to attend these programs:
* Folk Songs around the Fire, 8 p.m., Friday, June 20. Sing folk songs from the Great Depression, a la Woody Guthrie. Have an acoustic instrument? Bring it or just come to sing! All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Railroad Fun, 10 a.m., Saturday, June 21. Watch model trains and learn about the railroad industry. All ages. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St.
* Railroad Fun, 10 a.m., Sunday, June 22. Watch model trains and learn about the railroad industry. All ages. Big Walnut Community Trail, 168 S. Vernon St.
* Nature's Young, 7 p.m., Sunday, June 22. Many young creatures are growing and venturing into the fields and forests. Stay alert and see what surprises nature has to offer! All ages. Emily Traphagen Preserve, 5094 Seldom Seen Road, Powell.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, June 23. Take a one- to two-mile walk at Hogback Ridge Preserve, 2656 Hogback Road. For more information, visit the website and click on the program calendar.
* Hike with the Director, 9 a.m., Saturday, June 28. Spend time with Preservation Parks' executive director while enjoying the beauty of the park trails. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run.
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, June 30. Take a one- to two-mile walk at Hoover Reservoir, 31 S. Columbus St. For more information, visit our website and click on the program calendar.