Stratford Ecological Center is at 3083 Liberty Road. For more information on the following programs, to register or to volunteer, call 740-363-2548 or email SECVolunteer@ aol.com (volunteers) or SECEarthShare@ aol.com.
* Farm to Fork: Cooking with Seasonal Ingredients, 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, June 21. Chef Mark Zedella will demonstrate healthful ways to prepare vegetables, grains and other foods grown at Stratford. Registration is required.
* Book Talks, 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 27. Librarian Liz Barker will lead a discussion of literary works based on the topic of naturalists. Group meets each fourth Friday, with the exception of November and December, during which the group meets on the third Friday. Cost is $10 a year.
* Honey Bee Harvest, 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, June 28. Apiarist Dave Noble will harvest the spring honey crop. Help open the hives, harvest frames, and bring them to the "Honey House" to extract the honey. Plan to stay for the Honey Bee Festival (below). Cost is $25 per person. Registration is required.
* Honey Bee Festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, June 28. Celebrate the honey bee! Local beekeepers will sell honey, pollen, wax and other bee-related items.
* Cooking Club for Kids, 10 a.m. to noon, Monday, June 30. Bring your child (ages 6 to 12) to visit the farm to learn about how food is grown, then attend a cooking class taught by Chef Mark Zedella to make and enjoy a healthy snack. Cost is $20 per child. (Limit 20.) Registration is required.