For more information about Preservation Parks of Delaware County or to register for a program, call 740-524-8600, extension 3 or email email@example.com. The offices of Preservation Parks are at 2656 Hogback Road in Sunbury.
The free Thursday Evening Concerts in the Park series begins on July 10. All concerts run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
The programs will feature six different bands from various music genres, including classic rock, big band, Motown & blues, country soul and bluegrass. Donations are welcome. Attendees may bring blankets, lawn chairs and refreshments. Alcohol is prohibited in the park.
No registration is necessary to attend these programs:
* Golden Marathon, 1:30 p.m., Monday, June 30. Take a one- to two-mile walk at Hoover Reservoir, 31 S. Columbus St. For more information, visit the website and click on the program calendar.
* Creek Critters, 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 5 and Sunday, July 6. Search for invertebrate life in the creek on your own. See our display for more information. All ages. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run.
* Golden Marathon, 9:30 a.m., Monday, July 7. Take a one- to two-mile walk at Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road. For more information, visit the website and click on the program calendar.
* Thursday Evening Concerts in the Park, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, July 10. Free concert features Marquis 66, '60s classic rock. Bring lawn chairs and blankets. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Hike with the Director, 1 p.m., Saturday, July 12. Hike with Preservation Parks' executive director at Char-Mar Ridge Preserve, 7741 Lewis Center Road.
* Evening on the Farm, 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, July 12. Make ice cream, pitch horseshoes and play croquet and other games played in the 1930s by farm families. All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Take Me Out to the Ballgame, 2 p.m., Sunday, July 13. Take part in a Home Run Derby! Step up to the plate or cheer on other participants. Ages 5 and older. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road.