A Liberty Township woman called the Delaware County Sheriff's Office to report seeing two suspicious individuals with flashlights before learning they were conducting a scavenger hunt.
A woman reported suspicious activity between 2:45 and 3 a.m. June 29 in the 600 block of Winter Road after her son saw two people with flashlights walking around a horse barn. After her son yelled at the suspects, they took off running into the nearby woods, according to sheriff's reports.
Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene and found nothing was stolen or damaged, reports said. Deputies later found the two men, who reportedly said they were playing a scavenger-hunt game and had no idea they were on private property. The homeowner declined to press charges but had deputies tell the men they were not welcome on her property, reports said.
* An unknown suspect entered a home through an unlocked garage and stole a laptop computer between midnight and 5:30 a.m. July 1 in the 100 block of Aspen Court, according to Delaware police reports.
* A man reported someone tried to force his front door open between 4 and 8:45 a.m. June 30 in the 200 block of Freedom Lane.
* An unknown suspect stole a bicycle and bike parts valued at $850 after entering a garage between midnight and 1:30 a.m. June 29 in the 300 block of Jaguar Spur Avenue, according to police reports.
* A business owner reported someone broke into his business between 10:30 p.m. June 26 and 10:30 a.m. June 27 in the 1800 block of Columbus Pike. The unknown suspect stole an undisclosed amount of cash after forcing entry through a rear door, reports said.
* Two women reported a burglary occurred between 11 p.m. June 26 and 2:45 p.m. June 30 in the first block of Spring Street. An unknown suspect took multiple items, according to police reports.
* A woman reported a theft that occurred between midnight June 21 and 12:30 p.m. June 27 in the first block of Berne Street. Someone stole multiple pieces of jewelry, together valued at $2,749.
* An unknown suspect used the credit card of a man living in the first block of Penick Avenue to pay for a hotel room in California between noon June 27 and noon June 28, according to police reports.
* A burglary was reported between 12:30 p.m. June 21 and 1 p.m. June 28 at an unoccupied structure in the first block of Park Avenue. The incident is under investigation, reports said.
* A woman living in the 100 block of Rockcreek Drive reported someone attempted to steal her identity between 8 a.m. June 3 and 4:15 p.m. June 27.