A California man faces multiple charges after he allegedly fired a shot from a handgun recently at Alum Creek State Park, 2911 S. Old State Road.
Delaware County Sheriff's deputies responded to the park at about 9:15 a.m. July 31 after receiving a report of a fight between campers. After arriving, deputies arrested Bryan C. Hoff, 34, of Antioch, Calif., and his wife, according to sheriff's reports.
The sheriff's office alleges Hoff discharged a handgun during an argument with another camper. He faces charges of tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony; having weapons while under disability, a third-degree felony; inducing panic, a first-degree misdemeanor; and aggravated menacing, a first-degree misdemeanor, according to sheriff's reports.
His wife faces a first-degree misdemeanor charge of falsification after allegedly lying to deputies during the investigation, reports said.
No one was injured in the incident.
In other recent sheriff's reports:
* A man reported his residence was burglarized between 8 a.m. July 24 and 8 a.m. July 25 in the 8200 block of Dustin Road in Berkshire Township. A camera, a DVD player, a television and a video-game console, together valued at $1,500, were stolen. Entry was gained through the home's garage.
* Delaware police recovered a stolen car about 3:45 a.m. Aug. 4 in the first block of Perkins Street, according to Delaware police reports. The car was reported missing from Columbus shortly after 10:15 p.m. Aug. 3, reports said.
* A woman reported her van was stolen between 8 and 10 p.m. July 31 in the 300 block of Rockmill Street. The van is valued at $4,000, according to police reports.
* A business reported a breaking and entering incident that occurred between 1 and 3 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 1700 block of Liberty Road. An unknown suspect stole $3,000 worth of copper wire from the site, according to police reports.
* A business in the 2400 block of state Route 37 reported an incident of breaking and entering that occurred between 10:15 and 10:45 p.m. Aug. 2.
* An electric stapler, a grinder, a sander and a saw were reported stolen between July 1 and 25 in the 200 block of East Central Avenue. Police have multiple suspects in the case but no arrests have been made, according to police reports.
* A man reported someone broke into his shed and stole multiple items between July 22 and Aug. 1 in the 600 block of Acme Road.
* A man reported a burglary that occurred between July 15 and Aug. 4 in the 200 block of East Central Avenue. An unknown suspect stole multiple items after entering through an unlocked basement door, reports said.
* Police responded to a report of a burglary that occurred between 1:45 and 3 p.m. Aug. 3 in the first block of Parker Street.
* A man reported his wallet was stolen from his vehicle between 8 and 9 a.m. Aug. 4 at Mingo Park, 500 E. Lincoln Ave.
* Police took a report of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor that allegedly took place between January and April on the city's south side.