Thieves hit several cars on Upper Metro Place
Thieves struck a number of vehicles parked in the 5100 block of Upper Metro Place between Jan. 7, Dublin police reported.
The lock to one truck was punched out and a video camera, tripod, computer projector and radio extension pole were stolen between 5 and 8:30 p.m.
The lock of another vehicle was pried and a lunchbox, cell phone battery and planner were stolen between 12:30 and 8:30 p.m.
Four other vehicles also were broken into during the same timeframe at the same business and laptops, a GPS unit, chainsaw, camera, suitcase and several other items were stolen, police reported.
In a separate incident between 5:20 and 7:55 p.m. Jan. 5, the lock of a vehicle parked outside a business in the 5100 block of Upper Metro Place was punched out but nothing was stolen from the vehicle.
In other recent Dublin Division of Police incident reports:
* The number for a prepaid credit card belonging to a Dublin resident was stolen between 9 a.m. Dec. 22 and 9 p.m. Dec. 23. A fraudulent card using the number was used at several Columbus businesses to make $711 in purchases.
* A business in the 6100 block of Sawmill Road was broken into between 8 p.m. Jan. 8 and 8:58 a.m. Jan. 9 by breaking a window at the business. A cash drawer containing about $400 was stolen.
* A bottle of 100 prescription pills was stolen from an unlocked residence in the 6400 block of Post Road between noon Dec. 26 and noon Dec. 31.
* A counterfeit $5 bill was passed at a business in the 6500 block of Perimeter Drive between 11 a.m. Jan. 5 and 1 p.m. Jan. 6.
Employees told police they don't recall who might have used the bill that was discovered during a cash count.
* Two laptop computers, a cell phone, checkbook and other items were reported stolen from a vehicle parked at a business in the 6300 block of Frantz Road between 6 and 8 p.m. Jan. 7.
A window was broken to get into the vehicle.
* A rock was thrown through the window of a residence in the 7700 block of Crawley Drive between 2:05 and 2:15 a.m. Jan. 6.
* A mineral mask was reported stolen from the mailbox of a residence in the 8100 block of Winchcombe Drive between 2 and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 3.
Only the top of the box the mask came in remained in the mailbox.