Three people were arrested last week after one attempted and one successful scam at two Dublin hotels.
Andrea Michelle Tackett, of Columbus, and Princess Marcel Harmon, of Grove City, both 35, were charged with complicity to theft.
Douglas Hart, 36, of Grove City, was charged with theft by deception, attempted theft and obstructing official business in the Aug. 14 attempt.
According to information from Dublin Police, a women called a hotel on Tuttle Crossing Boulevard claiming to be a manager and said a male customer needed a cash refund and would pick it up soon.
The hotel called police and the man stopped in, but did not get any money. Dublin Police were contacted again after the man left and they tracked him to a van.
The van was pulled over and the occupants were detained.
Dublin Police later found that the suspects tried a similar scam at another hotel in the 5500 block of Tuttle Crossing Boulevard and the hotel employee gave the man $199. The hotel employee identified Hart as the man he gave the money to.
Dublin Police are working with other departments to see if the suspects were involved in other crimes elsewhere.
In other recent Dublin Police reports:
* An assault was reported in the 7400 block of Balfoure Circle at 3:38 p.m. Aug. 10 when a man was punched in the face by his neighbor.
The man said he had been having issues with his neighbor's dog and went to complain when he was punched.
* A business in the 3700 block of West Dublin-Granville Road reported the theft of $17 at 8:50 p.m. Aug. 10 after a man entered the business and asked for multiple transactions.
After the man left the em-ployee realized the business had been shortchanged by $17. The employee went outside and got the license plate number of the vehicle in which the man left.
* A chainsaw, tool box and various tools were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6800 block of Muirfield Drive between 10 p.m. Aug. 10 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 11.
* The window of a vehicle parked in the 4300 block of Tuller Road was broken between 5 p.m. Aug. 12 and 8 a.m. Aug. 13 and $5,500 in tools and equipment were stolen.
* Stereo equipment, a GPS unit and iPod were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5400 block of Asherbrand Lane between 10 p.m. Aug. 4 and 4:30 a.m. Aug. 5.
* A laptop was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 5400 block of Briardale Lane East between 5 and 6 p.m. Aug. 10.
* A book bag with $50 in school supplies was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6700 block of Glick Road between 3:30 and 5 p.m. Aug. 12.
* Shoes, a hat and pants were stolen from a business in the 7500 block of Sawmill Road between 3 and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 12.
The suspect reportedly exchanged his clothing for the stolen clothing and left the store without paying.