Two Columbus men were arrested by Dublin police officers Feb. 24 for receiving stolen property.
According to police reports, the two men were seen in a van that matched the description of a vehicle used in recent car break-ins in Dublin apartment complexes at 3:33 a.m. Feb. 24.
The men were parked in front of a residence in the 6100 block of Lakeshire Drive and said they were there to pick up a friend after stopping at Craughwell Village.
When police looked in the van, they saw stereo equipment in plain sight, reports said.
Another Dublin officer reported over police radio that a vehicle in Craughwell Village had been broken into.
Although the one of the men said they had purchased the stereo equipment at a flea market, Dublin police searched the vehicle and found that serial numbers matched those from the stolen stereo equipment.
Police arrested the men and impounded the van, finding items connected to several other alleged vehicle break-ins.
In other recent Dublin Police reports:
* A purse was stolen from a patient at Dublin Methodist Hospital Feb. 21.
A woman said the purse was probably stolen when she was moving to a different room as a patient there between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Feb. 21.
A young man helped her move her stuff and she suspects he may have stolen it, the police report said.
* A business in the 6700 block of Sawmill Road was broken into between 5:30 p.m. Feb. 27 and 7 a.m. Feb. 28.
A back door was forced open and a safe was broken into. Two money bags containing a total of $1,465 were stolen.
* A cart, tools and $4,000 in copper wire was stolen from a business in the 6600 block of Eiterman Road between 2:30 p.m. Feb. 26 and 8 a.m. Feb. 27.
The site was unoccupied during the time of the burglary.
* A washer and dryer were stolen from a residence in the 7700 block of Essex Gate Drive between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 19.
The items were stolen from a detached garage when no one was home.
* A laptop computer was stolen from a business in the 3800 block of West Dublin-Granville Road between 2 and 2:15 p.m. Feb. 22.
An employee at the business said he saw man that had been in the building before when thefts had occurred. The man was seen leaving the building and getting into an SUV with dealer plates.
* A game consul, game controllers and an iPad were stolen from a business in the 5900 block of Venture Drive between 5 p.m. Feb. 21 and 8 a.m. Feb. 24.
* A window of a car parked in the 7000 block of Dublin Park Drive was broken to steal a purse and its contents between 5:40 and 6 p.m. Feb. 21.
* Stereo equipment was stolen from a vehicle parked at a residence in the 6100 block of Lakeshire Drive between 8 p.m. Feb. 23 and 8:30 a.m. Feb. 24.
A window was broken to get into the vehicle.