Dublin Villager

Police beat

Dublin: Jewelry stolen from Tantallo Square residence

A pair of earrings, five rings, three necklaces, a pin and a pendant were stolen from a residence in the 6500 block of Tantallon Square between 8:40 and 9:30 a.m. May 8.

A woman at the residence said people were in the home to repair carpet that was recently installed and when she returned to the home she found an earring on the floor of the master bedroom.

When she returned the earring to its proper place she discovered that other jewelry was missing, police reports said.

In other recent Dublin Police reports:

* Eight light fixtures and $1,500 of wire was stolen from a construction site on Eiterman Road between 5 p.m. May 1 and 6:30 a.m. May 2. The site was accessed by prying back plywood that had been blocking a door.

* A woman reported a bottle of prescription pills stolen from a desk at work at a business in the 5500 block of Parkcenter Circle between 11 p.m. May 1 and 2:30 p.m. May 2.

The desk was unlocked and the woman is unsure of who would have taken them.

* Two leaf blowers and two gas cans were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 7500 block of Hospital Drive between 1 and 2 p.m. May 5.

* The window of a vehicle parked at a business in the 6500 block of Dublin Center Drive was broken and a purse was stolen between 2:25 and 2:30 p.m. May 8.

The business manager said he saw a tall male break the window and steal the purse.

* Two pairs of sunglasses and $20 from a wallet were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway of a residence in the 4100 block of Bangle Court between 1:30 and 6:30 a.m. May 8.

No credit cards in the wallet were stolen.

* A Dublin man reported being bit by a dog in the 4100 block of Haymaker Lane between 12:20 and 12:25 p.m. May 3.

The man said he was walking in the street when the dog got away from its owner and bit him on the arm and rear, police reports said.

* A man reported two iPads stolen after he accidently left them at a business in the first block of South High Street between 2:15 and 3 p.m. May 3.

When he returned to retrieve them, the iPads were gone.