Arson was reported in Dublin when two trash cans at the Emerald Fields Playground, 4040 Wyandot Woods Boulevard, were set on fire between noon July 5 and 9:41 a.m. July 6.
The insides of the trash can were burned, but the cans were not damaged.
According to police reports, the fire appeared to have been caused by fireworks.
In other recent Dublin police reports:
• A concession stand at Coffman High School, 6780 Coffman Road, was broken into between 8:30 p.m. July 8 and 8 a.m. July 9 and about $20 in candy bars were stolen.
• Two laptops, a hard drive, clothes and $100 in kitchen utensils were stolen from a vehicle parked at a business in the 5100 block of Upper Metro Place between 11 p.m. July 2 and 7 a.m. July 3.
• A window was broken to get into the vehicle.
• The window of a vehicle parked at a business in the 6500 block of Riverside Drive was broken and a purse was stolen between 12:15 and 1:15 p.m. July 5.
The purse did not have anything in it, according to reports.
• CDs, DVDs, a voice recorder and phone chargers were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 5600 block of Blazer Memorial Parkway between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. July 8. A window was broken to get into the car.
Another car in the 5600 block of Blazer Memorial Parkway was also broken into between 4 and 4:40 p.m. July 8.
Energy drinks, cutting shears, chlorine, CDs, and DVDs were stolen from the vehicle after a window was broken.
• A dual mount hitch was stolen from the back of a vehicle parked at a residence in the 6900 block of Grandee Cliffs Drive between 7:20 a.m. and 1 p.m. July 8.
• A man reported his iPhone and case stolen while at a business in the 400 block of Metro Place South between 1 and 2:20 p.m. July 6.
The man used his computer to track the phone and found it was at various places around the southeast side of Columbus before it was turned off.