Three juveniles were arrested by Dublin police Aug. 1 after a resident of the 7300 block of Wings Livery Road said he found a possible explosive device in his neighbor's mailbox about 4:27 p.m.
The Washington Township Fire Department responded to the report and police questioned three juveniles in the area. The juveniles admitted to putting the device, made from a 2-liter soda bottle and other household products, into a mailbox, according to reports.
In other recent incident reports from the Dublin Police Division:
• A vendor from Texas reported $400 was stolen from his booth at the Dublin Irish Festival between 12:01 and 10 a.m. Aug. 3. The tent was closed and the money was stolen from a wooden cash register.
Another vendor reported that 90 rings, valued at $50,000, were stolen from his booth between 11 p.m. Aug. 2 and 10:45 a.m. Aug. 3.
• A Columbus man was arrested for child endangering about 2 p.m. Aug. 5.
Dublin police were alerted to a child left in a car in the 5600 block of Blazer Memorial Parkway. When an officer responded, he found a child locked in the car with the windows cracked.
After about 25 to 30 minutes, reports said, the officer became concerned because the child was sweating. Police popped the locks and arrested the man when he returned.
• A car and the trailer it was on were stolen from Interstate 270 at the 16.6 mile marker between 11:03 p.m. Aug. 3 and 1 p.m. Aug. 4. The owner reported the trailer got a flat tire, so he left it and planned to return the next day with a spare tire. When he returned, the car and trailer were gone.
• The front fender of a vehicle parked on I-270 at mile marker 19 was stolen between 10:15 a.m. Aug. 4 and 8:40 a.m. Aug. 6. A woman said her car broke down and when she returned with a tow truck, a fender had been stolen and someone tried to steal the in-dash stereo, causing further damage.
• A skirt, two shirts and a blazer were stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 6600 block of Tantallon Square between 2:41 p.m. July 31 and 1:33 p.m. Aug. 4. The woman said she tracked the shipping numbers and the items were reported delivered, but she could not find them.
• A mailbox at a residence in the 5300 block of Roscommon Road was stolen between 11:45 p.m. Aug. 2 and 12:01 a.m. Aug. 3.
A resident said she heard loud noises outside around that time and told a group of people to leave her property. She believes the mailbox was stolen then.
• A resident of the 7000 block of Shady Nelms Drive reported someone spray painted a swastika on her garage between 1:30 and 6 a.m. July 31. The fabric roof of a vehicle, two outdoor lamps and another vehicle parked at a residence were also vandalized with black spray paint.