Rocky Fork Enterprise

Smoldering towels cause fire at Gahanna Lincoln High School

By

No one was injured at Gahanna Lincoln High School today (Nov. 6) after Mifflin Township firefighters extinguished a fire near a locker room.

Superintendent Francis Scruci said a campus supervisor had smelled smoke at about 10:05 a.m.

The cause was determined to be towels smoldering within a dryer, he said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flame and cleared the site.

Scruci said students responded appropriately, as practiced, and no one was injured. The day resumed with a time adjustment to fourth period.

Comments