Gahanna police tracked footprints in the snow to where an unidentified person entered a vehicle on Preservation Lane after a burglary occurred in the 1200 block of Rice Avenue on March 25.
The resident said a back sliding door was busted and jewelry and a laptop were stolen between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Later that day, at 3:02 p.m. police received a complaint about someone trying to break into a vehicle in the 500 block of Chawood Drive. Police again found footprints in the snow, this time from size 12 Nike tennis shoes. The footprints were leading from a local hotel to numerous vehicles in the area, according to reports.
In other Gahanna Division of Police reports:
* Kids playing basketball in the street on Stedway Court prompted a resident to complain to police at 2:01 p.m. March 28. When the police officer spoke to the kids' parents, they said the woman was "nuts." The officer then spoke to the woman who initiated the complaint. As she went outside to meet the officer, she was "crying and yelling." The officer told the woman there wasn't anything he could do because it wasn't a criminal matter.
* Panhandlers were reported at St. Matthew Church, 807 Havens Corners Road, where they were asking for money to buy gas at 10:41 p.m. March 28. The caller said he could smell alcohol on the pair.
* Two young boys were seen spray-painting at least two vehicles in the 300 block of Triumph Way at 1:47 a.m. March 28.
* Three or four flashes of light and a "rumbling sound" were reported by a Fawndale Place resident, who guessed it was a transformer issue at the airport March 31. Gahanna police called airport police, who confirmed it was a transformer, and they didn't need assistance in the matter.
* All of the copper pipes in the basement of a residence in the 550 block of Clotts Road were reported stolen at 1:01 p.m. March 31. The resident had moved out of the home, according to police.