Gahanna: GPD fields numerous calls about telephone harassment
Gahanna police have received several recent reports alleging telephone communications harassment in the form of text messages and phone calls.
A resident visited police headquarters at 6:49 p.m. April 15 regarding a text message from an unknown person that read, "God punishes the unjust."
Police dispatchers couldn't find a name from the cellphone where the text originated.
A Stygler Road resident reported telecommunications harassment to police after she received 20 calls about an eBay transaction on the morning of April 11.
A man visited police headquarters at 6:23 p.m. April 10 to report he has been receiving unwanted calls from a female after he asked her to stop calling. He told police she had just contacted him, threatening to call his employer to get him fired.
In other Gahanna Division of Police incidents:
* Several vehicles had windows smashed and items stolen in the 500 block of Officenter Place, according to a report taken at 12:50 p.m. April 11. Items reported stolen include a briefcase, a checkbook and an iPad.
* A resident reported suspicious persons at 5:24 April 11 in the 280 block of Caswell Drive. The men, who were from residences in different states, claimed to be with the United Way. They said they weren't asking for money but were trying to talk to people about the organization.
* Animal control seized a dog April 10 after it attacked another dog and a person in the 500 block of Beaverbrook Drive. Gahanna police received two calls concerning the incident at about 9 a.m.
* A Gahanna school bus driver reported that a strange male was in the 600 block of Sycamore Mill Drive at 2:51 p.m. April 10. It looked like the man was carrying a purple portfolio. The man was soliciting for a business along with four others, according to police. They were advised to obtain a permit.
* A complaint was filed with police at 4:49 p.m. April 10 about neighborhood kids on Hemston Drive cursing at one another. One youth "was calling an 8-year-old a bitch and dropping the F-bomb on her," according to reports. The parents were advised to handle the situation between the two girls.
* Police received a suspicious-person report at 5:50 a.m. April 13 about an older white male carrying a 3-foot glowing stick "light saber" near Hines and McCutcheon roads. The man said he just finished working out and wanted another workout, so he went outside to play with his light saber.
* Two residences in the 800 block of Hensel Woods Road were egged between 6 p.m. April 13 and 9 a.m. April 14.
* Money and jewelry were reported stolen from a residence in the 900 block of Thayer Drive at 1:49 p.m. April 15 after a window was pried open.
* Police received a complaint from a Cherry Road resident at 5:36 p.m. April 15 that mail was removed and opened from his mailbox. The resident said an envelope was torn open and left on the ground. He suspected someone might have been looking for checks. The incident occurred sometime between 7:30 and 9:30 a.m., according to police reports.
* Theft was reported from vehicles at 5:18 and 6:57 a.m. April 16 from the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 460 Waterbury Court. Three ladders were reported stolen from work trucks, and a welding torch was reported stolen from another vehicle.