Gahanna: Vandals strike business, car, apartments
A business in the 800 block of East Johnstown Road reported at 7:37 a.m. April 26 that the windshield of a vehicle was shattered overnight, but nothing was reported stolen from the car.
Olde Towne Apartments, 384 Court East, reported at 10:52 a.m. April 24 that vandalism occurred at three buildings the evening of April 23, when office windows were spray-painted.
A business in the 1100 block of Claycraft Road reported someone vandalized one side of the building with spray paint over the April 19 weekend.
In other Gahanna police incidents:
* A Roebuck Drive resident reported two teenage boys exited a vehicle carrying possible water pistols and ran into the woods. Both boys appeared to change clothes, with one wearing a black hoodie and the other wearing a white shirt that was cut up. Police said the two boys had squirt guns because they were involved in senior tag activities.
* A suspicious vehicle was reported at 5:21 p.m. April 26 at Creekside Park, 123 Mill St. The caller said the vehicle is a possible match involving the assault of a Genoa Township officer earlier in the day. The white older-model Chevy cargo van had a temporary tag and was empty.
* A Farmwood Place resident complained to police at 1:14 a.m. April 27 in reference to animals or kids screaming from the Summerhill Circle or Caroway area. A cat was meowing at a Summerhill Circle residence abutting the caller's home, according to police.
* A Nob Hill Drive woman alleged that a family member stole Oxycodone and other items from the residence at 7:01 a.m. April 27. The husband left the residence after being confronted. He claimed to have swallowed all of the medication, according to police.
* After her 8-year-old adopted son allegedly stole items and wasn't concerned about the consequences, a mother visited police headquarters with him at 12:23 p.m. April 27.
* Items were reported stolen from a boat at 1:19 p.m. April 27 from a business in the 700 block of Agler Road.
* A Spring Park Place residence reported the sound of a gunshot at 11:08 p.m. April 27. The caller said he heard a gunshot and crying at a neighboring house. Police said there were three girls in the driveway watching a movie. The gunshot sound was a balloon popping, and the crying was laughter.
* A Coronation Avenue resident called police about three girls and one boy knocking on doors in the area April 24. The solicitors were warned that they needed a permit through Gahanna.
* A Fairholme Road resident called police at 6:05 p.m. April 24 after someone called her and said he was with the Windows fraud department. He asked the resident to open her computer and then accessed the screen. After an hour, the resident said she was charged $114 and was asked for her credit-card information.
* A Lincolnshire Road resident visited police headquarters April 25 regarding his 11-year-old daughter receiving a porn website on Facebook.
* Teenagers were reported putting fireworks in mailboxes on Harrison Pond Drive near Challis Springs on April 24.
* A central air unit was reported stolen at 11:45 a.m. April 29 in the 590 block of Palace Lane.