Several incidents involving dogs were reported to Gahanna police recently.
A Vista Drive resident called police at midnight and 1:50 a.m. May 5, when a dog continued to whine for hours. The dog was tied to a porch with no water.
Police contacted the owner, who said he would be home in three hours. The owner was told he's required to provide water for the dog and that he could be fined.
A Milk Street resident complained to police at 1:34 p.m. May 5 after a neighbor followed her for not immediately picking up her dog's waste. The dog owner said she wasn't physically threatened, but the man was aggressive about her cleaning up after her dog.
Animal-control officers captured a black and tan rottweiler running loose in the backyards of North Stygler Road and Coronation Avenue at 3:26 p.m. May 4. The dog had tags on it and is named Autimus Prime.
Three calls were received by Gahanna police at 6:49 p.m. May 2 from residents concerned about two large dogs being locked in a vehicle with windows up in the 350 block of South Hamilton Road.
In other Gahanna police incidents,
* A large black backpack that appeared to have been ransacked was found on the right side of the roadway April 30 in the 4300 block of Cherry Bottom Road.
* Gahanna police responded to an assault at Gahanna Lincoln High School at 12:29 p.m. April 30.
* An employee at a business in the 1330 block of Stoneridge Drive reported two men were in the drive-thru and wouldn't leave at 12:32 a.m. May 1.
* Police discovered on May 2 that someone had moved all of the decorative rocks at Hannah Farms Park, 6547 Clark State Road, into the roadway.
* A complaint was filed with police at 3:29 p.m. May 2 about two boys on bikes who were videotaping in the middle of road at Olde Ridenour Road and U.S. Route 62 eastbound.
* A Juniper Lane resident complained to police at 6:57 p.m. May 2 that a neighbor in his 50s urinates outside in the yard and she can see him. She said she would call back if he does it again.
* Suspicious persons were reported at Hannah Farms Park, 6547 Clark State Road, at 8:51 a.m. May 3. A resident said two people in their mid-20s were sleeping in the park near the youth soccer field close to the woods. Police found nothing unusual. The two were just enjoying the park.
* Golf clubs were reported stolen from a business in the 780 block of Science Boulevard at 2:38 p.m. May 3.
* A woman complained to police at 6:38 p.m. May 3, saying a neighbor boy in the 1400 block of Cherry Bottom Road had taken a duckling and was being mean to it and harassing it. The woman took it away from the boy and wanted it moved so the boy wouldn't keep harassing it. Police reported the duckling was back with its mother.
* A small brush fire was reported in the woods at 10:34 p.m. May 3 near Reindeer Lane.
* A Highbury Crescent resident reported at 9:06 a.m. May 4 that his car had been vandalized with shaving cream and toilet paper.
* Police received a complaint at 7:28 p.m. May 4 that kids were throwing rocks at cars along Hamilton and Beecher roads.
* A Meadowside Court resident reported at 7:20 p.m. May 5 that someone had written profanity on his house.