Gahanna: Officers chase complaints of city golf cart misuse
Gahanna youth recently have been reported joy riding in golf carts provided by the city of Gahanna that are supposed to assist the elderly while Haymarket Place is being repaired.
The 8- and 9-year-olds were reported driving golf carts on construction roads at 9:36 p.m. June 15 in the 300 block of Haymarket Place.
A Haymarket Place resident also called police at 1:45 p.m. June 13, and reported teenagers were riding golf carts up and down the street. The carts are supposed to be used by senior citizens to get to their vehicles while the city rebuilds the street in the Royal Manor subdivision off North Stygler Road, according to police reports.
A resident of neighboring street Avonwick Place also complained to police at 6:39 p.m. June 11, after seeing someone with a child doing "circles" around the area on a golf cart. He was concerned it wasn't safe.
In other recent Gahanna Division of Police incident reports:
* A belligerent man in a wheelchair reportedly was running over people at the Creekside entrance on North High Street at 9:10 p.m. June 15.
* Police received complaints about children and a dog being left in vehicles with the windows up in hot conditions at 2:30 p.m. and 2:34 p.m., respectively, June 15.
The young children were left alone in a car in a parking lot at 300 S. Hamilton Road, while the dog was left in a locked vehicle in the 1200 block of Riva Ridge Court.
* A GPS was reported stolen from a vehicle at 5:32 a.m. June 17, after an unidentified person smashed the car's window in the first block of Jessica Way.
* An unidentified person threw a bottle or jar at a car in the 600 block of Fleetrun Avenue sometime before 8:33 p.m. June 10. The car sustained damage and some glass was on the street, according to reports.
* A road rage complaint was filed with Gahanna police at 5:02 p.m. June 10 from a business in the first block of North Hamilton Road.
* After receiving two complaints about a dog who had been barking outside for hours, police left a door hanger at a residence in the 1300 block of Waveland Drive at 11:22 p.m. June 10. The resident's phone had been disconnected, according to reports.
* Police stopped a motorist at 8:16 a.m. June 11 at Hamilton and Sawyer roads, after receiving reports of erratic driving. The driver said he was upset because other motorists were making him late to catch a flight at the airport. Police issued him a warning for erratic driving.
* Wood and miscellaneous materials were reported stolen at 1:59 p.m. June 12 from a construction site on Hannah Farms Court. The theft occurred sometime the previous week, according to reports.
* Construction materials also were reported stolen at 8:58 a.m. June 11 in the 1300 block of Christopher Wren Drive. The owner of the materials said some of it had been taken over the last couple of weeks, but multiple items were stolen over the last few days.
* After returning from vacation, a resident in the 800 block of Walbridge Drive reported someone had entered his home through a lower back window and stole two televisions, a clock, jewelry and other items. He reported the theft at 2:11 p.m. June 12.
* A landscape decoration was reported stolen from a residence in the 300 block of Armor Hill Drive at 12:25 p.m. June 13.
* An East Cherry Avenue resident complained to police at 11:06 a.m. June 11 that solicitors for a home pest control company had visited three times in the past week.
* A motorist called police at 4 p.m. June 11, when she said she almost hit three males who were skateboarding in the middle of Tech Center Drive and Morrison Road near the golf course.