Gahanna: Department fields calls about break-ins, theft
A string of car break-ins and theft recently were reported to the Gahanna Police Department.
The back window of a vehicle was smashed at a business in the 150 block of North Hamilton Road, according to a report taken at 4:59 p.m. June 23. A back passenger window of another vehicle was busted by an unidentified person sometime between 3 a.m. and 1 p.m., according to a June 23 report. The passenger door also was keyed, and someone rummaged through the car.
On the same day, the driver-side rear window of a vehicle was busted out at a business in the 200 block of Granville Street.
A GPS was reported stolen June 17 after an someone smashed the window of a vehicle in the first block of Jessica Way.
A wallet was reported stolen at 12:15 a.m. June 17 after the window of a vehicle was smashed out in the first block of Jordana Drive.
Two DVD players and six $1 bills were reported stolen from a vehicle at 3:46 p.m. June 17 after someone broke into a vehicle in the 500 block of Fenchurch Way.
A book bag and compact discs were reported stolen from a vehicle, according to a. June 17 report. The theft occurred in the 600 block of Knights Avenue.
In other Gahanna Division of Police incidents:
* Two solicitors from Direct Energy were reported at a business with a "No soliciting" sign in the first block of Granville Street at 10:41 p.m. June 24. Police warned the representatives that a solicitor's permit is needed.
* Solicitors for CertaPro were reported at 6:03 p.m. June 19 in the 900 block of Reece Ridge Drive. Police advised them to obtain a permit.
* A male was reported soliciting for an unknown company at 6:34 p.m. June 19 in the 200 block of Academy Court.
* A Dunbarton Road resident reported at 3:01 p.m. June 18 that solicitors with AT&T were being aggressive. Four hours later at 7:06 p.m., a Jonsol Court resident reported AT&T solicitors were being pushy. He said they were headed toward Havens Corners Road.
* Twenty-five laptops were reported stolen June 24 from a business in the 800 block of Tech Center Drive. The theft occurred sometime over the weekend.
* A restaurant employee in the 1300 block of Cherry Bottom Road asked police on June 22 if he could press charges against someone who had placed a large takeout order and never picked it up.
* Police responded to a complaint of loud music at 9:50 p.m. June 22 in the 230 block of Caswell Drive. The resident said he was shutting everything down. Police said they would take a reading if they had to return.
* Police received a complaint at 6:53 p.m. June 19, when a large dog was left inside a vehicle with no windows cracked in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Drive.
* Youths were reported jumping a curb with a golf cart and driving through gravel on Haymarket Place on June 18. The caller said it's pretty steep where the youths were driving the cart. Police were told the street department had dropped off the golf cart for residents to use while the street was torn up, and youths were not given permission to operate the golf cart.