Gahanna: Thieves, vandals targeting swimming pools
Gahanna police recently received complaints involving theft and vandalism at local swimming pools.
The pool house was forced open and money reported missing from the Foxboro Pool, 479 Peale Court, according to a report taken at 8:21 a.m. July 25.
Juveniles also attempted to use stolen passes at the Foxboro Pool, according to a complaint received at 4 :10 pm. July 26.
Someone allegedly threw a ball at the window of a vehicle and cracked it at the Gahanna Swim Club, 148 Parkland Drive. The vandalism was reported at 7:08 p.m. July 26.
A pool employee said vehicles are parked in places that aren't for parking and will cause traffic problems soon. The complaint came from the Gahanna Swim Club, 148 Parkland Drive, at 5:11 p.m. July 25.
In other Gahanna Division of Police incident reports:
* An Academy Court resident wanted to file a damage report with police at 4:50 p.m. July 28 concerning tar on his vehicle from Cherry Bottom Road. Police told the man to contact the streets department.
* Two boys were warned for flashing a neighbor, according to a complaint filed at 7:44 p.m. July 27. A resident in the 200 block of Brookhaven Drive North said two males bent over and exposed their butts in front of his home. The boys initially denied exposing themselves but later admitted to dropping their pants.
A man was warned to stop sending pictures of his genitals to his ex-wife after a resident in the 200 block of Regents Road reported telecommunications harassment at 5:37 p.m. July 24.
* A resident in the 700 block of Schyler Court reported hearing footsteps on his roof at 2:31 a.m. July 27. The resident said the sound woke him up. Police found that the noise was the result of a raccoon.
* A bike was reported stolen at 3:31 p.m. July 24 in the 700 block of Mistletoe Street.
* A parks and recreation employee reported at 5:31 p.m. July 23 that a patron became upset as a result of losing his keys while on a paddleboat. The patron later cussed out the employee over the phone.
* Fishing gear and a passport were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 900 block of Vista Drive at 11:05 a.m. July 23.
* Copper was reported stolen at 11:27 a.m. July 23 in the 780 block of McDonell Drive. The theft occurred within the past month, according to reports.
* A phone and muscle relaxer were reported stolen at 5:07 p.m. July 22 in the 500 block of Goshen Court.
* A gun and jewelry were reported stolen at 11:45 a.m. July 22 in the 1200 block of Tobey Drive.
* A homeless woman was advised to move on at 7:45 a.m. July 23 after she was found sleeping in her car on private property in the 290 block of Vista Drive.
* Two juveniles were warned about curfew after they were found skateboarding at 1:28 a.m. July 23 in the 1200 block of North Hamilton Road. The juveniles were picked up by unhappy parents, according to reports.
* An elderly man was reported withdrawing a large amount of money out of a bank in the 130 block of North Hamilton Road, according to a report filed at 1:34 p.m. July 22.
* A complaint was received at 10:44 a.m. July 22 after youths were on the Gahanna Municipal Golf Course, 220 Olde Ridenour Road, running through puddles with a golf cart. The golf course was closed, according to reports.