Gahanna: Neighbor complaints continue
Gahanna residents filed complaints against their neighbors ranging from tree limbs to flashes of light, according to recent Gahanna police incident reports.
Tree limbs caused a dispute among neighbors in the 200 block of Hermitage Road, according to a complaint received at 2:09 p.m. Aug. 11. A resident said she was concerned because her neighbor cursed at her about the tree limbs. Police advised her to avoid contact with the neighbor.
A flash of light from a neighbor's house caused pain in the eye of a Carlin Court West resident, according to a complaint received by police at 1:11 p.m. Aug. 9. She said the incident occurred about 10 p.m. Aug. 8. An officer was on scene, but the resident was unhappy about the lack of response.
In other Gahanna Division of Police incident reports:
* A man was urinating on the side of a house in the 100 block of Highmeadow Drive, according to a complaint received at 6:53 p.m. Aug. 9. Police contacted the homeowner, who said the man had permission to be at the residence.
* A man was urinating in the flower beds of a residence in the 200 block of Highmeadow Drive, according to a complaint received at 4:04 a.m. Aug. 10. The resident said her husband was outside with the dog when a visitor across the street urinated in her flower beds. She said the offender was the driver of a vehicle, who also had a female passenger and someone in the back seat. Police found the vehicle and occupants, but the resident was unable to give a positive description.
* Baby formula valued at $300 was stolen from a business in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road at 5:56 p.m. Aug. 9.
* A female stole items from a store in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road, according to a theft report received at 7:56 p.m. Aug. 9. The woman went into the bathroom and then took items and left the store, reports said.
* Someone was banging on cars at a residence across the street, according to a complaint from a resident in the 1200 block of Gatwick Court at 4:50 a.m. Aug. 10.
* Men were trying to sell fireworks and smoke bombs, according to a suspicious-person(s) report received at 3:44 p.m. Aug. 10 in the 1300 block of Haybrook Drive.
* Police and the streets department cleaned up a five-gallon bucket of nails that was spilled in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road at 9:59 p.m. Aug. 9.
* A vehicle was ransacked in the 100 block of Shepard Street, according to a report received at 2:38 p.m. Aug. 13. The car had been left unlocked.
* The windows of a vehicle were smashed in the 500 block of Landover Place, according to a report received at 3:49 a.m. Aug. 11.
* The windows of a vehicle were smashed in the 400 block of Waterbury Court, according to reported received at 7:07 a.m. Aug. 11.
* Items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Sycamore Ridge Way at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 9.
* A very large yellow cat (bobcat size) was reported moving toward the new houses at Winding Hill at 2:31 p.m. Aug. 14.
* A raccoon had a peanut butter jar stuck on its head at an entrance to Pizzurro Park, according to a report received by police at 8:33 p.m. Aug. 11.
* A juvenile was kicking people out of the skateboard park, claiming it was his, according to a reported received at 2:05 p.m. Aug. 11 at Shull Skate Park, 236 Granville St. Police contacted the boy's father. Police said he would be banned from the park if behavior continues.
* A generator was stolen from the garage of a residence in the 500 block of Deerwood Avenue, according to a report received at 2:58 p.m. Aug. 13.