Gahanna police recently received several odd complaints, from someone allegedly replacing one shoe with another to juveniles telling scary stories at a local cemetery.
A Dark Star Avenue resident told police someone took his wife's shoe and left another shoe in its place. The report was received at 7:15 p.m. Oct. 23.
A man was urinating in the parking lot and masturbating inside a vehicle in the 300 block of Stoneridge Lane, according to a complaint received at 2:01 a.m. Oct. 20.
Fifteen to 20 youths were in the Peace Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery, telling scary stories, according to a complaint received at 8:47 p.m. Oct. 19 at Mill Street and Andalus Drive.
In other Gahanna Division of Police incident reports:
* A man was reported slumped over the wheel of a vehicle at a business in the 300 block of South Hamilton Road at 12:34 a.m. Oct. 18. The man said he had been living in a mental-health facility, but he's now homeless and living in his vehicle.
* A woman called 911 at 4:13 p.m. Oct. 18 because the Bureau of Motor Vehicles on Agler Road wouldn't give her a Social Security card. She said the BMV told her she "doesn't look like the person in her ID." Her card was seized because pictures didn't match. The caller was warned for the misuse of 911.
* A small buck with an irregular rack was reported at 12:11 a.m. Oct. 23 in the 3700 block of Hines Road. A caller wanted to know if he could take the deer, saying it was the same one that had been hit and had run off from last week, according to reports. It died in a backyard, and someone dragged it to the roadside. It wasn't suitable for consumption.
* A large cat was reported between Hamilton Road and Broad Street, on the right side of the roadway, according to a report received at 2:37 p.m. Oct. 22
* A dispute with neighbors about barking dogs was reported to police at 1:03 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 100 block of Academy Court South.
* A bicycle was reported stolen from Middle School West, 350 N. Stygler Road, at 6:05 p.m. Oct. 23. The bike was stolen during school hours on the previous day, according to reports.
* Jewelry was reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Mistletoe Street at 4:02 p.m. Oct. 23.
* A man stole condoms from a business in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Drive, according to a theft report received at 5:41 p.m. Oct. 22.
* A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle at 12:59 p.m. Oct. 20 in the 1400 block of Cherry Bottom Road.
* Several incidents of theft from vehicles were reported the morning of Oct. 19 in the 200 block of Creighton Court.
* Energy shots were reported stolen from a business in the 300 block of Agler Road at 1:26 a.m. Oct. 18.
* The foyer glass of a business was broken at a business in the 1200 block of North Hamilton Road, according to a burglary report received at 10:38 p.m. Oct. 20.
* A man tried to punch the bar staff at a business in the 200 block of West Johnstown Road, according to a complaint received at 12:18 a.m. Oct. 18.
* A juvenile was reported skateboarding in the middle of Agler Road, according to a complaint filed at 9:09 a.m. Oct. 18.
* A blue dump truck with a trailer was swerving and almost ran numerous cars off the road, according to a traffic complaint received by police at 10:35 a.m. Oct. 18.