Rocky Fork Enterprise

The school bell rings

Enlarge Image Buy This Photo
LORRIE CECIL/THISWEEKNEWS (2)
Norma Jean Gorsuch rings the bell during the dedication of Jefferson Township School No. 2 on Oct. 23. The one-room schoolhouse was moved from its original location on U.S. Route 62 -- where in 1927 it was turned into a garage, was left unattended and was falling apart -- to the grounds of Lincoln Elementary School. It has been completely restored. Gorsuch's ancestors built the school circa 1869. The Gahanna-Jefferson Education Foundation helped fund the restoration project.Norma Jean Gorsuch and retired Gahanna teacher Wanda Neudorfer-Pack chat during the dedication of the one-room schoolhouse on the grounds of Lincoln Elementary School.

Comments