Rocky Fork Enterprise

Police beat

Officers respond to reports of youth gone wild

Gahanna police recently responded to several incidents involving misbehaving juveniles, from throwing rocks at a vehicle to tampering with Christmas lights.

Police responded to a fight/ disorderly conduct at Gahanna Lincoln High School, 140 S. Hamilton Road, at 2:17 p.m. Dec. 4.

A Lincolnshire Road resident reported at 4:17 p.m. Dec. 3 that a Middle School West student threw a rock at her vehicle. She said it occurred earlier in the week, but she didn't notice the damage initially because of the snow.

Marijuana was found at Lincoln High School, 140 S. Hamilton Road, at 8:34 a.m. Dec. 2. Police impounded it, according to reports.

Juveniles were seen throwing trash out the windows of a vehicle in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Drive at 4:57 p.m. Dec. 1. Four youths were in the vehicle, and they were driving around the parking lot of StoneRidge Plaza, according to reports.

Youths were reported jumping on lights in the lagoon area at Creekside at 3:56 p.m. Dec. 1. One girl and two boys allegedly were jumping on the lights, according to reports.

In other Gahanna police incident reports:

* A furnace was reported stolen from a foreclosed home in the 200 block of Carlin Court East at 10:55 a.m. Dec. 3.

* A resident in the 100 block of South Hamilton Road reported her neighbor cut a hole in her fence at 2:07 p.m. Dec. 3.

* A tablet computer was reported stolen at 1:15 p.m. Dec. 2 from a business in the 1100 block of Claycraft Road.

* A FedEx letter was reported stolen and then recovered in the woods, according to a theft report received at 11:49 a.m. Dec. 2. The incident occurred in the 1100 block of Sanctuary Place.

* Jewelry was reported missing from a residence in the 600 block of Thistle Avenue at 12:13 a.m. Dec. 1.

* Copper wire was reported stolen from a business in the 800 block of Taylor Road at 9:14 a.m. Nov. 30.

* Rowdy patrons were reported at a restaurant in the 1300 block of Cherry Bottom Road at 1:21 p.m. Nov. 30. No fighting occurred, and the customers left, according to reports.