Gahanna police started the new year with calls ranging from a minor altercation at Middle School West to water problems.
A male and female were reported wrestling on the ground between the school and football field at Middle School West, 350 N. Stygler Road, at 3:26 p.m. Jan. 1. The incident was a minor altercation, and no charges were filed, according to reports.
City street crews were notified regarding an apparent high-water problem at the Gahanna Swim Club, 148 Parkland Drive, at 2:50 p.m. Jan. 1. Bubbling from the asphalt was visible next to the swimming pool, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* A video game system was reported stolen from a residence in the 600 block of Lytton Court at 8:18 p.m. Dec. 31.
* Packages were reported stolen from a residence in the 700 block of Ronson Avenue at 3:37 p.m. Dec. 27.
* Three drums and a guitar were reported stolen from a residence in the 400 block of Rocky Fork Drive at 6:47 p.m. Dec. 23.
* A resident in the 400 block of Goshen Court reported at 1:07 p.m. Dec. 29 that her vehicle was egged sometime overnight.
* A storage-unit lock was broken off in the 1400 block of Hollybriar Drive, according to a vandalism report received at 10:28 p.m. Dec. 23.
* Police received a call regarding a parking dispute at the StoneRidge Plaza Kroger store, 1365 Stoneridge Drive, at 3:01 p.m. Dec. 21.
* A resident in the 1300 block of Bingham Mills Drive said he sells items on Craigslist and someone is sending harassing texts, writing he "knows where he lives." The telecommunications harassment was reported at 10:08 a.m. Dec. 22.
* A resident in the 100 block of Imperial Drive reported telecommunications harassment at 12:45 a.m. Dec. 20. She said she received a voice-mail message: "You better run, (expletive)."
* Solicitors were warned after police received multiple calls about selling furniture out of a white trailer in the 1500 block of Harrison Pond Drive at 2:23 p.m. Dec. 20.
* A resident in the 300 block of Broken Arrow Drive complained at 3:33 p.m. Dec. 21 that his neighbor was pumping water into his yard and he asked his neighbor to stop. A verbal argument ensued, according to reports.
* Gunshots were reported in the area of Granville Street and Rocky Fork Drive at 7:41 p.m. Dec. 21. Police said the noise was from fireworks.
* A fox was seen walking from Statshire Lane toward Dark Star Avenue and Riva Ridge, according to an animal complaint received at 3:05 p.m. Dec. 22. The resident said the animal wasn't behaving normally, that it wasn't showing fear of people.
* A cat was reported in the window of a vacant home in the 300 block of Marjoram Drive at 1:12 p.m. Dec. 24. Police checked the auditor's website to see who owned the home. American Homes owns the residence, and a representative said he would get the cat out of the house.