A woman recently went straight to Gahanna police headquarters, saying she was in fear that she was being followed.
According to police reports, a woman came running into Gahanna police headquarters, 460 Rocky Fork Blvd., at 4:57 p.m. Jan. 14. She said a man was chasing her, so she was advised to go into the lobby's report room and close the door. The man then entered the lobby and said the woman nearly struck his vehicle on the freeway, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* An older dog was left outside in the cold in the 300 block of Towne Court East, according to a complaint filed at 6:04 a.m. Jan. 14. The anonymous call was from outside Gahanna's jurisdiction.
* A burglary in progress was reported at a Pond Hollow Lane residence at 2:41 a.m. Jan. 14. The resident said he heard a very loud bang from the first floor. Police found the front door to be secure. Something had fallen in the kitchen, according to reports.
* A jaywalker was reported at 10:37 a.m. Jan. 13 at Burger King, 260 S. Hamilton Road.
* A parent was escorted from Columbus Academy, 4300 Cherry Bottom Road, at the athletics director's request at 7:37 a.m. Jan. 12. The parent said he was unhappy with the preparation of a swim meet, and he just wanted to make sure his son was safe and with another adult before leaving. Prior to police arrival, the man was being verbally obnoxious with both the athletics director and a school security guard, according to reports.
* Two gun shots were reported at 2:51 a.m. Jan. 12 in the 100 blocks of James and West Johnstown roads.
* A homeless man was making employees and customers nervous at UDF, 1400 Cherry Bottom Road, according to a suspicious-person report received at 9:05 p.m. Jan. 11. The man was yelling in the restroom. He was wearing a camouflage coat and had a backpack. He made no threats of violence or violent behavior, according to reports.
* New graffiti was discovered on the back side of the Kroger Marketplace, 300 S. Hamilton Road, according to a vandalism report received at 7:38 p.m. Jan. 11.
* Three packs of cigarettes were reported stolen from Speedway West, 376 Agler Road, at 3:45 a.m. Jan. 13.
* A mountain bike was reported stolen from inside the parking garage at the Residences at Creekside, 151 Mill St., at 4:07 p.m. Jan. 11.
* A resident in the 100 block of Academy Court South reported a sick or injured raccoon or opossum on their back deck at 12:03 a.m. Jan. 11. It was a dead opossum on the back deck, according to reports.
* Gahanna police responded to a fight in the parking lot at UDF, 180 W. Johnstown Road, at 12:45 a.m. Jan. 10. No medic was needed, according to reports.
* Box springs were reported in the roadway at North Hamilton Road and Clark State Road, according to a complaint filed at 7:33 p.m. Jan. 10.