Gahanna police recently responded to reports of motorists who had fallen asleep in their vehicles, including a man who decided to nap in his truck to avoid arguing with his wife.
A man was reported sleeping in a truck at 3:34 a.m. Feb. 4 at Denison Avenue and Goshen Court, according to a suspicious-vehicle report. The man told police his wife had been drinking, and he didn't want to argue with her. He said he was ready to head home, according to reports.
A motorist was asleep behind the wheel at Speedway, 240 S. Hamilton Road, at 4:43 a.m. Feb. 2. The driver told police he had left work and fell asleep while stopped. No indicators of impairment were observed, according to reports.
A vehicle was reported in the Burger King drive-thru, 260 S. Hamilton Road, with nobody in the car at 3:11 a.m. Feb. 2. Police said a driver was present and appeared to be tired and fell asleep while waiting for her food in the drive-thru, according to reports.
In other Gahanna police incident reports:
* Cash was reported stolen from an office at Columbus Academy, 4300 Cherry Bottom Road, at 1:32 p.m. Feb. 5.
* A dying raccoon was reported in the backyard of a residence in the 1000 block of Haybrook Drive at 8:17 a.m. Feb. 5.
* An opossum was inside a squirrel feeder in the 400 block of McCutcheon Road, according to a complaint filed at 8:31 a.m. Feb. 4.
* A residence in the 400 block of Kason Way said he thinks someone tampered with his mail at 12:33 p.m. Feb. 3.
* A woman fell on the ice at a restaurant in the 400 block of Morrison Road at 7:08 a.m. Feb. 3. She refused a medic, even though she was limping.
* A man threw a bicycle at a vehicle on North Stygler Road at 1:45 p.m. Feb. 2. The man was released to his father and was expected to return to a group home.
* A tip note was left at Buffalo Wild Wings Inc., 1380 Cherry Bottom Road, that read, "There's something that goes boom under the table," at 9:37 p.m. Feb. 2. Police were told the note was from juveniles, and it wasn't taken seriously. Nothing was found under or near the table, according to reports.
* A boy was throwing snowballs at a house in the 300 of Haymarket Place, according to a suspicious-person report received at 4:09 p.m. Feb. 1.
* A man was assaulted at a business in the first block of Mill Street, according to a report received at 10:17 p.m. Jan. 31.
* A business representative in the 100 block of Granville Street said someone urinated in the Keurig machine again. The complaint was received at 10:33 a.m. Jan. 31.
* A man with a dog allegedly pointed a weapon at a student and made motions as if he were slicing his throat at 9:08 a.m. Jan. 31, according to police reports. The incident occurred in the area of a softball field. The man was dressed in black and left in a vehicle.